Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Need your help on an offer I have

Status
Not open for further replies.

catchiedomains

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been contacted by a group called Opera Engineering/Opera Software to buy one of my domains, we have agreed on price subject to an apprasial of which they insist I use Allfordomains.com for the apprasial.

I have not sold a domain before, I am satisified with the agreed price but have no desire to get screwed.

Have any of you had a dealing with either the potential purchaser or the named apprasier? Thanks for any help.

Domain Days 2024

oveber

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thats scammers. Stay away from tham.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The buyer should pay for any appraisal if they want it. This is a scam though...after you buy the appraisal, they will then tell you they will try to sell your name and that it will take a couple of months to find the right buyer. I received a similar e-mail (from some "engineering" type company) and responded by telling them that they can put in an offer on Sedo or afternic Who both can provide them with their needed appraisal. I never heard from them again.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They send out 10's of thousands of these emails, they are affiliated with the appraissal company thats how they make there money, on paid apraissals

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They aren't interested in your domain, they want you to pay for an appraisal at allfordomains.com (which they own).

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just ignore the scammers and put up your name for sale at a reputable service like sedo or afternic

NeoGen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its a big scam and following are people involved:
* Scammer: operaen.com
* Beneficiary: SoftForces - allfordomains.com
* Payment: emetrix.com

Talkhost

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I get these emails on a regular basis, all purporting to be from opera engineering.. but the CEO is always a different name, but always has a PHD :)

Stay clear of any spam you receive that insist on an appraisal.. Tell them you will sell but if they want an appraisal they can go get one themselves..

irishmat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ive never got one of these scam emails

i feel unloved

lyndonmaxewell

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, surely you arennt wishing for them? lol, those scammers never do learn, do they?

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Never fall for appraisal scam.....never.

You are the seller and you set the price.....domain appraisals are worthless.

I always tell buyers who want appraisal to get it done themselves and I still want what I want for the domain.

Just my 2 cents.

BidNo

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got one too. I was pumped for a while but wondered why the president of Opera software was personally buying domains. I checked email headers and saw it came from Russia. Looked a little further and saw it originally came from a dialup server in Russia. Ask yourself the odds that the president of Opera Software (located in Finland) is using a dialup connection in Russia for buying domains.

We probably should spend a little effort and get these guys shut-down. Likely they’re using an ISP. Plus I’m pretty sure fraud is illegal in most countries. :) Opera may also want to know their name is being sullied. I can provide the email headers if anyone has the time/inclination to run these turkeys down.

Cheers,
BidNo

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom