Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Need your input: What site should I develop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i like all your .pro domains, esp these

Weather.pro see:http://www.hamweather.com/

Wedding.pro Good domain to make a wedding planner thing. like you said.

Garden.pro – Gardening software? How about gardening info.

Resume.pro – me gusta.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i like all your .pro domains, esp these

Weather.pro see:http://www.hamweather.com/

Wedding.pro Good domain to make a wedding planner thing. like you said.

Garden.pro – Gardening software? How about gardening info.

Resume.pro – me gusta.

Appreciate the comments. también tengo gusto Resume.pro

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NewYorkBusiness.org is nice.

I agree.

I bought NewYorkBusiness.org a few years ago with the intention of co-developing the name with a native New Yorker. That person since has moved. I live in South Dakota. I truly think you need to have someone on the ground from that state to make this work. Adsense ads/info about New York are not option.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adsense ads/info about New York are not option.

I was going to say newyorkbusiness.org for the adsense reason.

You could take DietRewards.com and build the site around information on diet rewards programs like ediets.com or weightwatchers.com, make money when people sign up for the programs.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You could take DietRewards.com and build the site around information on diet rewards programs like ediets.com or weightwatchers.com, make money when people sign up for the programs.

Good idea, thanks!

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd be wary of putting too much effort into .pro domains.

With that said, the .pros you have are nice generics ... so I'd suggest hiring a web designer to design a splash page and a few internal pages for each. Ie. 27 pages total minimum would do it ... 9 .pros, each with their own splash page and 2 related internal pages each.

The v... domains and the .tv ones are likely best put on the backburner; sold, etc.

Diet Rewards could have development potential, as others have pointed out already, but may not earn much unless promoted ... the main value of the domain is it's brandable ... so if you spend X on marketing it, you should over time earn back all that and then some; an advantage of developing a brandable domain even if it's currently getting little to no traffic.

Hope this helps.

Ron

DomainsGT

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lots of really nice names. Best of Luck with all of them.

Some of them naturally can wait per your own advice - ClassifiedAd.tv etc.

Excellent traffic potential with AreaGasPrices.com . Strong dotcom that says exactly what it is. A local radio station has callers call in the lowest gas prices - many listeners go out of thier way to get to the lowest prices per the radio station. This could be interactive and let the users do the work. I'm not sure how to monetize this one, though

The one which has the greatest cash potential, IMO, is Wedding.pro .
Nice generic that can be developed to provide multiple cash streams with a good interface. That is the one you should develop.

Chopper.tv is real strong but will require major work AND major advertising to provide good return. I just don't think the alt TLDs are there yet. ( I live in FL and have been advertising BIKE-WEEK.info at bike week for several years - so far little traffic.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd be wary of putting too much effort into .pro domains.

With that said, the .pros you have are nice generics ... so I'd suggest hiring a web designer to design a splash page and a few internal pages for each. Ie. 27 pages total minimum would do it ... 9 .pros, each with their own splash page and 2 related internal pages each.

The v... domains and the .tv ones are likely best put on the backburner; sold, etc.

Diet Rewards could have development potential, as others have pointed out already, but may not earn much unless promoted ... the main value of the domain is it's brandable ... so if you spend X on marketing it, you should over time earn back all that and then some; an advantage of developing a brandable domain even if it's currently getting little to no traffic.

Hope this helps.

Ron

Very good advice Ron, espcially in regards to DietRewards.com. This is definitely a domain I could sink my teeth into (no pun intended). When I first bought these domains (plural/singular) I had planned to build a site whereby you could earn "points" based on the diet foods you purchased at participating restaurants, food stores etc. With these points you could then use them towards a free vacation or exercise equipment, etc.

The other idea I had was to set up Kiosks at malls where people could weigh themselves. If they maintained a healthy body weight they would be eligible to participate in a cheaper health insurance policy through their employers. The only problem with this idea is that it's cost prohibitive to get it off the ground, but I do think the idea would catch on.

I also envisioned creating a "Diet Fad" based on a rewards system. The problem with these fads are that they are short lived, and people tend to sue you if they don't lose weight (go figure).

Anyways, I appreciate your comments.

So far on all domain boards:

Wedding.pro has at least 4 votes
Chopper.TV has 3 votes
DietRewards.com has 2 votes
AreaGasPrices.com has 1 vote

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lots of really nice names. Best of Luck with all of them.

I appreciate that. I do only plan on keeping 2, maybe 3 domains. I have literally spent the last 6 years spinning my wheels, going from domain to domain wondering how I was going to develop each one. It's time to focus.

The one which has the greatest cash potential, IMO, is Wedding.pro .
Nice generic that can be developed to provide multiple cash streams with a good interface. That is the one you should develop.

Yeah, I'm almost sure now that I will keep Wedding.pro. Lot's of good advice here on this domain

Chopper.tv is real strong but will require major work AND major advertising to provide good return. I just don't think the alt TLDs are there yet. ( I live in FL and have been advertising BIKE-WEEK.info at bike week for several years - so far little traffic.

This is another domain I'm contemplating keeping. I agree on the alt TLD biker sites, except for dot TV. I saw more .TV sites being advertised at the Sturgis Rally this year then ever before---due in large part because of increased use of web cams by vendors/bars at the rally.

What would be great since I live near Sturgis would be to develop contacts in the industry (bike builders) and have them "guest" appear on Chopper.TV during future rally events. That will get the site some exposure if I can pull it off.

Ultimately to make the site sticky for other days of the year when Sturgis and Daytona aren't going full strong, I will have chopper owners who attend various other biker rallies around the world send me video footage via YouTube and Google.

We'll see...

stevo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here are my choices - these stuck out right away:

Resume.pro
Wedding.pro
RentalHome(s).biz

I don't have much faith in the .pro ext, but I must admit that I regged one:

Privacy.pro

Maybe someday they will be worth more than the renewal fees.

Rental Homes are big business. Experts claim that most folks who seek first homes are priced out of buying their own homes and will have to settle for renting. Might be worth investing some energy into.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MensFitness.TV –
WomensFitness.TV –

mainly because we're renting out one of our buildings to a health club, and they were talking about making videos of their workouts, along with tips, facts, and stories.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rental Homes are big business. Experts claim that most folks who seek first homes are priced out of buying their own homes and will have to settle for renting.

I read an article in USA Today about this recently. Seems more and more people are "renting" instead of "owning". Huge potential there.

What I envisioned doing with the name(s) is starting up "Home Rental" seminars for investors. How to buy, manage and sell rental homes.

My feeling is that more and more people are going to be looking for alternative retirement revenue streams, in light of what happened with Enron. Yes, there are a lot of sound companies out there, but with globablization you could have a very profitable business one day, then the next your stock tanks because a company in Thailand makes a better widget at a cheaper price then your widget. btw: I don't have anything against globalization it's just something that has dramatically changed the investing landscape.

Appreciate your comments stevo, as always.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MensFitness.TV –
WomensFitness.TV –

mainly because we're renting out one of our buildings to a health club, and they were talking about making videos of their workouts, along with tips, facts, and stories.

I thought about hooking up with a club (exclusively) to provide video feed of the daily workouts, etc. Another idea I had was going to involve hiring "contract" personal trainers from around the world to provide workout video feeds. In doing this a Japanese personal trainer could provide a Japanese language workout to japanese vistors. A russian, could provide a Russian language workout, etc. etc. Visitors would then rate the workouts, and like del.icio.us would allow the best workouts to be recognized. My wife really likes the idea of WomensFitness.TV, but I'm just not sure I could pull this one off. I've had the site up many a times, with just the logo staring back at me. I will have to think about this one.

update:

Wedding.pro - 5 votes
Chopper.TV - 3 votes
DietRewards.com - 2 votes
Resume.pro - 2 votes
NewYorkBusiness.org - 2 votes
Garden.pro - 1 vote
AreaGasPrices.com - 1 vote
RentalHomes.biz - 1 vote
WomensFitness.TV - 1 vote
MensFitness.TV - 1 vote

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My top three based on name quality and potential markets are:

DietRewards.com - very brandable name and sounds nice, could refer to information on losing weight or just eating a proper diet. You just have to come up with an 'angle' for the rewards part. Inferring that you could get 'rewards' for dieting would encourage people to visit the site.

Garden.pro - huge baby boomer population (now 40 to 60 yrs old) will continue to drive the gardening market. The extension suits the nice generic word for someone who wants to garden like a pro. You could also add a forum, people who garden love to talk about it.

Wedding.pro - the wedding market is always lucrative, from planning, to attire, food, cake, speeches, wine, arrangements, etc. Again, the extension suits a professional wedding planner site.

The .pro extension isn't wildely known but since it suits your words you should go with at least one site in .pro. All it will take is for someone to develop a popular .pro site and the extension will become more well known. Good luck, I too have a wide range of sites that each get little attention, to really focus on a couple would be nice.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wedding.pro

It's niche and probably easy to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom