Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Need your opinion on a dn reseller site

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

namegame

Hi all,
I don't own this site or have anything to do with it - I happened to come across it recently and would like your thoughts about it.
I can't ask the question in the appraisal section because I'm not connected with the site. I would like to know if the prices for the domain names are completely off the wall or priced at market value for retail that is. I have a feeling these are '99 prices and that's pushing it a little. Does anyone know it they have sold any names at these stratospheric rates? What valuation model do you think they used? I would love to unload some of my names are the prices their names are going for!!! Is it realistic or are they in Fantasyland? Here's a link to the site:
Thanks for your opinions!http://www.healingsites.com

N

namegame

Come on guys - Do I have offer DNFbucks for a reply? What does it take to get one answer?

parwold

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well he does say he's a professional, so he obviously knows the value of those dn's HA HA good luck to him

N

namegame

Thanks parwold! Just what I thought - Totally Off-the-wall! My sentiments exactly! If he can pull something like that off maybe theres hope for us all! All you need is a reg and a dream!

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FantasyLand

Sure, some dn sales are still 4 and 5 figures, but this is rare. If they drop a zero from EVERY price, I'd still say FantasyLand.

Wait until their renewals start pouring in...

quack :cool:

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Let me say this ... the posted numbers ($$) certainly APPEAR to be out-of-line with reality! "FantasyLand", in other words.
But guess what? It's a pretty big world ... and the domains are listed on a site presumably viewable by the entire world. So, who knows. I wouldn't get overly excited about it, or the 'possibilities ... or would I get depressed by the site/values.
It's yet one more step on the learning curve ... track it, see how it does (they do), make some inquiries, maybe even negotiate for one of them (that you truly are interested in).
Use this information to YOUR advantage!
How's that for a reply? Any 'DNF Bucks for the :cool: 'Kid?
See 'ya.

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by vivnet
I have a feeling these are '99 prices and that's pushing it a little.

I keep seeing comments like that here. We all like to think of the bygone days when names could sell for outrageously high prices, but even then most domains didn't sell. If you look at a list of known names that sold then, bad names didn't make good money then either, discounting the fake sale of Beauty.cc, which was only a publicity ploy to try to sell names in a worthless extension.

The vast majority of the names on the site you linked to aren't even worth the reg fee. There are a few on there worth some bucks (like Psychology.info) but still nowhere near what they are asking. You can probably divide all their asking prices by 1,000 before you start getting semi-plausible numbers.

What valuation model do you think they used?

The "Ask for the Moon" model.

The real question becomes whether that person knows the names aren't worth that and is hoping to get really awesome money even after haggling the heck off the prices (in which case his unrealistic asking prices are probably scaring off any potential buyer he would have had) or if he's just on some serious hallucinagenic substances.

N

namegame

Thank you domainduck, CoolHost and namedropper for your valuable and much appreciated opinions. I'll keep your suggestions in mind. I need all the help I can get!

N

namegame

You are teasing me no doubt? Getting back at me for my nasty posts about domainsforum.com? I'm over that already. I agree with you guys now. Someone did offer me $250 a year ago - should have taken it huh? sigh......

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom