Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Need your opinions now! Please. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a conversation btw me and a buyer and now i am confused whether he will give in or not..do you think he is a experienced buyer or just playing with me? the domain is worth a lot to the right party that much i am aware of. I also used the first reply using a post mocus made here :smilewinkgrin:

i need to know is this the right way to deal with buyers or do i need to change my way? Critical comments are appreciated as i will only learn from my mistakes.

Regardz
lazyleo

HIM: hello mr lazyleo. I was going for ****.com adress but was gone to you. It said For Sale so I can buy it. How much please if OK.

Thank You, *****

ME :Hi thanks for your intrest, this domain is getting alot of interest lately and I had planned on selling this domain for at least $2,500 minimum given the type-in and search relevance of this keyword domain which is at the top of it's field in a very profitable industry( This is a billion dollar project and they are putting a lot fo funds into advertising and would want the dot com name ). Thus, if you would like to move forward, I will sell you the domain and accept a full 50% discount off my price which brings it down to just $1,250 BIN . Let me know if you would like to proceed and that this is within your budget. Conversely, I would consider leasing the domain to you if you only needed it temporarily at a rate of $100 per month, otherwise you can just buy this online property outright and own it forever as your business grows on the Internet.I can start an escrow transaction for you using escrow.com
Which would you prefer?"

Regards,

Kenny George Thomas

ps- For a comparison of similiar premium domain name values in todays very competitive market please see:
http://www.dnjournal.com/ytd-sales-charts.htm
In contrast I think we can agree this price being offered is very nominal.

(5 days ago)

HIM: Hello again,

Thank you for a fast answer. sorry I was surprised about the price as i know it cost maybe 15 dollers on when you bought it, but i can see that you make a business from it. I can give US dollars 400 now or I will just take a different ending letters or similar name.

Me: Hi naveed before you register another name look here http://www.google.com/search? these are the number of places where "****" has recieved promotion plus they gave out full page ads in local newspapers as such a big project they have a huge advertising budget.You can go and register other names but you also know that this will remain a unreplacable dot com which most people will end up going to by type ins :) it is already getting hits before it being indexed in search engines (25 hits avg). I have already recived an offer of 700$ which i rejected. Anyways best of luck finding a better name :) ..i am not letting this baby go for so less.

Regards
Kenny George Thomas

HIM: Yes, very good, my offer of US$400.00 stands for another 48 hours.

Regards.

ME: Make that US$700 and we have a deal! someone registred the .net a few days back. There is no point companies only use dot com versions.

I dont know the purpose of you buying this domain but i assume you will sell it further and you must be very well aware of its value.

My offer is valid only for the next 24 hours.

Thanks.

Regardz

Domain Days 2024

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd stand firm. If at one point he says "it cost maybe 15 dollers on when you bought it then turns around and offers you $400.00, he must know the name has some value.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would stand on the 1250 amount....but it really depends on the name...pm me the name as well and I'll give you more input.

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well i am pretty sure this domain is valuable only to a few people :)

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
(5 days ago)
HIM said:
...or I will just take a different ending letters or similar name.
ME said:
...someone registred the .net a few days back

Sounds like it was your buyer who regged the .net. Point of advice -- if someone shows interest in a domain that you seriously think you can sell for $2500, and the other major TLDs are still available, I would reg the other domains BEFORE responding. It sounds like he just realized it would be a lot cheaper to go with the .net than to worry about the .com.

Also, since he did not budge on his offer in two consecutive emails, I think you've got very little chance of his coming up to your offer. I think you've lost this fish, unless you want to come all the way down to his price. But I would wait at least 30 days before doing this, or it would appear that you are just milking him for whatever he's worth (in which case, he could lower his offer -- which he would have every right to do since you already countered at $700).

ME said:
...I had planned on selling this domain for at least $2,500 minimum ...Thus, if you would like to move forward, I will sell you the domain and accept a full 50% discount off my price which brings it down to just $1,250 BIN

Another point of order -- by offering a 50% discount for no apparent reason RIGHT UP FRONT (before negotiations have even begun) you tip your hand to the real value of the domain. Real value isn't determined by the "manufacturer's suggested retail price" but by the "sticker price". If you want to try to get $1250, make your first offer $2500, then be ready to negotiate down to $1250. My rule of thumb is to always ask 2x what I really want to get, and then negotiate.

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys the buyer hasnt contact me back so i assume i have lost the sale :)

anyways there always a next time right?

Thanks for the advice always good to learn from other people

Regards
lazyleo

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that letter you sent looks ooooooooooh so familiar, wonder where it could have come from?..lol :smile:

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For negotiation I would say the following:

- Try to get more than you think it's worth, like diverge said set your asking price at 2x what you want to get, for example
- Have a bottom price in mind, the least you would accept for the name
- If the sale doesn't work out, forget about it and move on

This would apply to when the buyer comes to you, not in situations when you are trying to liquidate some names or raise some cash quick.

In this case, the .net has been purchased which makes your .com more valuable, especially if the .net gets developped.

Like someone else posted, it probably wasn't good to drop your price in the first email to $1250, you should have come out with the $2500.

For domains I have listed on domain sale sites, I set my minimum offers high so I don't get bothered with lowball offers. Then when someone puts in a bid you know it's a motivated buyer. Good luck!

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
that letter you sent looks ooooooooooh so familiar, wonder where it could have come from?..lol :smile:

:greensleep: :p

For negotiation I would say the following:

- Try to get more than you think it's worth, like diverge said set your asking price at 2x what you want to get, for example
- Have a bottom price in mind, the least you would accept for the name
- If the sale doesn't work out, forget about it and move on

This would apply to when the buyer comes to you, not in situations when you are trying to liquidate some names or raise some cash quick.

In this case, the .net has been purchased which makes your .com more valuable, especially if the .net gets developped.

Like someone else posted, it probably wasn't good to drop your price in the first email to $1250, you should have come out with the $2500.

For domains I have listed on domain sale sites, I set my minimum offers high so I don't get bothered with lowball offers. Then when someone puts in a bid you know it's a motivated buyer. Good luck!

Thanks for the tips :) but its hard to forget about it you see thats is what i still have to learn :sigh2:

catchiedomains

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One thing I have learned be cautious and speak with people on these forums.

If they are truly interested they'll be back, if not the deal may never have closed anyway. And as the above post says "you're a better domainer after this experience". How ture how true.

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:) yep but Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. :( hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom