Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Neew advice to act against GODADDY "inquiry"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei73

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello!
Today I have receive the email from GODADDY:

-------------------
Dear Andrei73
Please consider this message as official notification that the contact information provided for your domain name registration for DNPIMP.COM appears to be invalid, or incomplete. Please update the information within 5 days as per Section 3 of the Registration Agreement, which you agreed to at the time you registered your domain name. For your convenience, we have attached a copy of the current contact information listed for your domain name. If the update has not been accomplished within 5 days, this can be grounds for cancellation of your domain name registration as per Section 6 of the Registration Agreement. Please respond to this email to confirm the changes have been made. Thank you for your cooperation.
Kind Regards,
Domain Services
GoDaddy.com

I’ve check the whois data and immediate respond that everything is ok and if the don’t believe they can send me an postcard to verify an address validity.

After 3-4 hours I have receive new email, read closely:

----------------------------
Dear Andrei73,
We recently received an inquiry related to your domain name, DNPIMP.COM . The specific
inquiry related to your domain name can be described as follows:

Invalid Whois complaint.

In accordance with our registration agreeement,
https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/lega...p?prog_id=GoDaddy&isc=&se=&from_app=&app_hdr=,
we have charged your credit card in the amount of $9.95 for our processing of this
inquiry.

If you have any questions concerning the above, please contact our customer service
center.

Thank you for your continued business,
GoDaddy.com
--------------------------------------------

So my sredit card was charged because somebody inquiry?
I guess I know where it inquiry starts. Recently I have start to transfer 4-5 domains approached to expire from godaddy to my another reseller account.

Any advices how to act now ?..

Domain Days 2024

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there a way you can post the headers to the email here? Did the email come from GoDaddy or someone else? At first glance I would suggest this is a phishing email asking for you to click on a link within the email to update your information. The phisher would then log your login and password to transfer your names away from GoDaddy.

I read their registration agreement Section 3 and it does not disclose they charge a fee. It is silly for them to charge you a fee when someone else made the false complaint.

I was rather suprised when you said someone responded within 3-4 hours. From my past experience when I used GoDaddy as a primary registrar, I have never seen responses under 24 hours.

I would email their support directly, using their web form, and ask them for more clarification on the email. If you prefer and have free long distance, you can call them too. I would also change your GoDaddy password and scan your computer for spyware using a free scanner.

Let us know of any updates.

Andrei73

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
Is there a way you can post the headers to the email here? Did the email come from GoDaddy or someone else? At first glance I would suggest this is a phishing email asking for you to click on a link within the email to update your information. The phisher would then log your login and password to transfer your names away from GoDaddy.

I read their registration agreement Section 3 and it does not disclose they charge a fee. It is silly for them to charge you a fee when someone else made the false complaint.

I was rather suprised when you said someone responded within 3-4 hours. From my past experience when I used GoDaddy as a primary registrar, I have never seen responses under 24 hours.

I would email their support directly, using their web form, and ask them for more clarification on the email. If you prefer and have free long distance, you can call them too. I would also change your GoDaddy password and scan your computer for spyware using a free scanner.

Let us know of any updates.

I just receive notification from paypal my account was charged

Go Daddy Software, Inc. Mar. 14, 2006 Completed Details -$9.95 USD $0.00 USD

immideatly i have cansel the agreement and will ask for charge back from paypal.

this is the header:

=======================
X-Gmail-Received: 387cf0a752ff38f51779529da04d7440133f062b
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.66.220.2 with SMTP id s2cs13636ugg;
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:22:46 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.37.20.37 with SMTP id x37mr1141322nzi;
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from smtpout25-02.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net
(smtpout25-02.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net [68.178.232.30])
by mx.gmail.com with SMTP id 37si971688nzf.2006.03.14.10.22.46;
Received-SPF: pass (gmail.com: domain of [email protected] designates 68.178.232.30
as permitted sender)
Received: (qmail 12991 invoked from network); 14 Mar 2006 18:22:45 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO GDMSG01.dc1.corp.gd) (10.0.7.81)
by smtpout25-02.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net with SMTP; 14 Mar 2006 18:22:45 -0000
Received: from mail pickup service by GDMSG01.dc1.corp.gd with Microsoft SMTPSVC;
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:22:45 -0700
thread-index: AcZHlEqMrO1QyRWWSoOQB347SZRwrQ==
Thread-Topic: Go Daddy Software Administrative Fee
Reply-To: <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Go Daddy Software Administrative Fee
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
Importance: normal
Priority: normal
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.224
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 14 Mar 2006 18:22:45.0824 (UTC) FILETIME=[4A8EC400:01C64794]
Date: 14 Mar 2006 11:22:45 -0700

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Andrei73

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
for a 5 days warning, and the second

I see at mail logs and:
both email was send nearly in one time

8:22 pm -- Go Daddy Software Administrative Fee
and
8:23 pm -- [email protected] that warning

> Definately change your password to GoDaddy.

thats an idea

but how you explain the actuall charge of 9.95 for nothing ?

============================
I just check some old emails from godaddy and they goes from
.dc1.corp.gd

so no doubt this is real godaddy

----------
Here is the answer from godaddy

================================
Discussion Notes Support Staff Response
Dear Andrei73

Thank you for contacting customer support.

You can view the registration agreement which you agreed to which allows this fee here:

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/lega...p?prog_id=GoDaddy&isc=&se=&from_app=&app_hdr=

We have received a third party complaint regarding the contact information listed on your domain name. Per ICANN, when invalid WHOIS information is brought to our attention, we are required to make sure that all of the information listed on a domain registration is valid and complete. This includes the email address, phone number, and mailing address. Since this service is beyond the scope of our regular service, per our Registration Agreement, we have charged an administrative fee to your account.

For your convenience, below is the relevant section in the Registration Agreement:

(Section 1, FEES):

"Go Daddy reserves the right to charge a reasonable service fee for administrative tasks outside the scope of its regular services. These include, but are not limited to, customer service issues that cannot be handled over email but require personal service, and disputes that require legal services."

Regards,
Todd P.
-------------------------------------

Customer Inquiry
Hello sales,
I think I will contact ICAAN about this accident.
You have no rights to charge me with no particular
reason. You even dont wait this 5 business days
since your TODAYS letter!! All the whois is up to date!

on webmaster boards this disscasting accident also will be widely published.

Best regards,
Andrei73
====================================

I think my english gives them freedom to manipulate the situation as they see I cant descried the situation nice and well. Need some help with answer them and also how describe the situation in short but efficient way to ICANN.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't like this "shoot first, ask questions later" approach.

My account executive says they don't make such a charge, but evidence points to the situation being otherwise.

I think that if godaddy want to charge like this, they must make very clear what constitutes incorrect WHOIS information, and how such information needs to be proved as incorrect by the person making the allegation or correct by the person who is the registrant.

I also think that incorporated should be a handsome compensation if the WHOIS information turns out to be correct. Maybe US$25, US$50 or US$100.

It also seems to me to be a problem if any "Tom, Dick or Harry" can make an unfounded allegation resulting in such a charge.

Andrei73, I sympathise with you on this, especially due to the fact that you are having to communicate with "authorities" in a language which is not your first language.

Good luck with getting this sorted out satisfactorily and quickly.

Andrei73

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
here is my answer to gadaddy, i will wait a bit and claim to paypal to initiate a charge back

Code:
> We have received a third party complaint regarding the 
contact information listed on your domain name. Per ICANN, 
when invalid WHOIS information is brought to our attention, 
we are required to make sure that all of the information 
listed on a domain registration is valid and complete.

---
do you mean every time third party have an idea to complain 
you will charge me to pleasure the third party? For GoDaddy 
does not matter if this complain has any base or it just 
joke? This opens you clients to fraud for the cheaters.

As I told you WHOIS is absolutely correct and in addition 
my billing address is the same with whois. I have purchase 
a lot of products with GODADDY and my credit card was 
verified at least 40 or 60 times. You charge against me 
absolute don't have a base and in addition I should spend 
my time to explain obvious things to you support. 
You will compensate me waist of time?

I will transfer all my domain from GODADDY immediately, 
also I reserve the right to contact ICANN about this accident 
and initiate charge back for this fee if in 24 hours if
you will not refund this charge. 

Now I am discussing this situation on webmaster board 
and nobody even listen about any charges for WHOIS mistakes.

Ps.
The real reason I see here because I moving expiring 
domains to another registrar and in order to compensate 
this whole GODADDY try to cheat on me and charge 
at least something.

anybody have the experience with ICANN and can give me aa help to write the letter? I

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow seems that GD is finding a lot of new reasons to charge people money for nothing. First the udrp challenges, now this. Time to move out of there fast ...

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Andrei
It appears that your phone number is missing from the registrant details
Or maybe that is just the way GoDaddy displays its registrant details
I don't know

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Momentum said:
Wow seems that GD is finding a lot of new reasons to charge people money for nothing. First the udrp challenges, now this. Time to move out of there fast ...

I'm not defending GD but they do have to chase a lot of idiots down for bogus WHOIS info. No sympathy for people who blank the info out and enter stuff that is obvously fake. Old info and small mistakes is another story.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At least they are one that does track users down for incomplete/inaccurate whois information. If you phone number is missing, as stated above, that would probably be why.

Andrei73

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Joe Honan said:
Andrei
It appears that your phone number is missing from the registrant details
Or maybe that is just the way GoDaddy displays its registrant details
I don't know

try another whois, just check and averything in place. fax is missing because it is not neccesary and i dont have one.

but the story developing.
I initiate transfer from godaddy all my domains and see ;)
All fresh registered or fresh transferred domains was declined for a reason 60 days and the rest o them was declined with that:

Code:
Dear Andrei,

The transfer of XXXXXX.COM from GoDaddy.com to another registrar could not be completed
for the following reason(s):    

Express written objection to the transfer from the Transfer Contact. (e.g. - email,
fax, paper document or other processes by which the Transfer Contact has expressly and
voluntarily objected through opt-in means).

If you believe that this domain name does not fit the situation described above, please
contact us at http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/support.asp for assistance.

It look like they avoid trancfer with all possible reasones !!

I ask moderator to rename this topic with more sutable name as the situation developing much worse.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was charged with this fee once.
Whois had Greece AND US as my country. The US part was entered by mistake by godaddy after a backorder. It was ridiculous. Godaddy is ridiculous.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guess this how they make their money due to their registration fees being so low. At least they are a registrar that checks this kind of information. Having Greece instead of US is a little extreme though.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Both countries were there and it wasn't my fault.

Actually they don't check. Someone emailed them about this. That someone paid 5k later to buy this domain... :)

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jdk said:

One can argue and probably contest it in Court, but here it is:

http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/legal_agreements/show_doc.asp?se=+&pageid=REG_SA

Go Daddy reserves the right to charge a reasonable service fee for administrative tasks outside the scope of its regular services. These include, but are not limited to, customer service issues that cannot be handled over email but require personal service, and disputes that require legal services. These charges will be billed to the Payment Method we have on file for You.

ICANN can do something about Go Daddy's strict transfer rules. But they ain't
gonna do anything about Go Daddy charging administrative fees.

And if you're going to do a chargeback, do it after you moved your domains
out. Otherwise, you'll be in for yet another nasty surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom