Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Negotiating w/ Buydomains

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have my eye on a few names

But only am interested if I can get a 30% haircut as I think the names are over priced

Any success negotiating with Buydomains ?

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've sold hundreds of names to Buydomains in past...they pay 20%-30% of market prices.

They wanted buy an LLL.com from me for $100 in 2007 :D

Or did you intend selling your names via Afternic/Buydomains?

Last edited:

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is an old thread on this forum about this....I have a lot of experience with this....

I will send you a pm.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
pm sent

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They will negotiate... wait until the end of the month maybe, make a firm offer (their asking price less the 30% cut) and state you'll pay immediately.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guys

thank u so much for your response

helpful info

i may even wait a few months for the economy to worsen - as i expect - before i make my offer

regards
lb

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the economy will maintain at least.

I wouldn't hold my breath for the economy to hold. It's still on the downward spiral.

The freefall is due in large by the lame duck prez. Stability will start to show itself when world leaders have somebody worth talking to in the oval office - imo

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
good luck :yo:

Acquisition

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have my eye on a few names

But only am interested if I can get a 30% haircut as I think the names are over priced

Any success negotiating with Buydomains ?

I have purchased a few names from buydomains from 50% to 70% off of the advertised prices. Just barter with them. It should be easier now with the economy and everything. Just tell them with the impending global economic depression looming, you feel that this is a very generous offer at this point in time etc etc.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have purchased a few names from buydomains from 50% to 70% off of the advertised prices. Just barter with them. It should be easier now with the economy and everything. Just tell them with the impending global economic depression looming, you feel that this is a very generous offer at this point in time etc etc.

Yes. I have had the same experience in the past...Recently, they would not budge on a name I tried to get with their initial fixed price...I met the about 60% of their price and they would not budge at all. Their price was in the 3k range and I went over 1800 and they would not budge. Maybe it was the name...but this is the first time I met a complete unwillingness to negotiate....and it was their name..not another persons listing.

I am thinking maybe they have had lots and lots of negotiating domainers and they are starting to get tough...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score

Yeah, play the economy card, see if it works *rolleyes* BuyDomains has actually started to remove their premium domains from their for sale inventory.

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually Theo, they're coming to their senses based on my experience in the past few weeks. ;)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I check a few domains @ BD regularly (window shopping) and recently 3 out of 5 were pulled from availability.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I check a few domains @ BD regularly (window shopping) and recently 3 out of 5 were pulled from availability.

Yes. Me too...I have bought about 15 names from them in the past 3 years and have had my eye on many more (basically stalking a few)...I have done really well with them in the past - negotiating wise...not too good recently and in some cases...names just taken out of inventory w/o a sale.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
30% you ask too little lol They are nitorious for cutting prices in half and begging you to buy via email for years :)

However even 50% off doesnt account for their grossly over priced tags.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just received a quote from them on a domain that I am interested in... They say it is a "premium" domain and they quoted me a price that is a bit unreasonable, to say the least...

Funny, when you request the quote it says it will take them up to 24 hours to determine a price, but I got the email about 1 minute after I made the request... :-/

hikaro

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i need advice here
i keep getting offer from them every month for the domain i asked about 1 year ago, but they just give me 20% off max, is there anyone else getting more discount ?

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i need advice here
i keep getting offer from them every month for the domain i asked about 1 year ago, but they just give me 20% off max, is there anyone else getting more discount ?

Yes. They are dealing like crazy lately.

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've bought several domains from BuyDomains, especially lately, $xx,xxx range, I have a good leverage with them, if you want to buy anything, contact me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom