Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.net getting more visits than .com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burgerman

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I registered a domain name 3 years ago. I have both the .com and .net extensions for it. Both are undeveloped. The .net gets about double the visits the .com gets. Does anyone know why that would be? I would have thought .com would receive relatively more visits compared to the .net.

The sites weren't previously owned by anyone before I registered them (I checked on archive.org) and no other similar sounding web site exists for the .com or .net.

Thanks in advance

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
perhaps the difference could be in where the domains are parked ? Do you have them set at different parking venues or both at the same

burgerman

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Both are unparked and undeveloped. Both domains have the Registrar's default "coming soon" page.

Thanks for your input guys:)

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Both are unparked and undeveloped. Both domains have the Registrar's default "coming soon" page.

Thanks for your input guys:)

Why would you not park these 2 names and yet be curious about the traffic source?

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Two possibilities: 1) The .net domain could have links to it. Or, 2) you could be getting typo traffic for people looking for a similarly-named .net site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom