Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.net is doing better than the .com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I own two identical domains, one is a (adj)keyword.com and (adj)keyword.net and both are parked at Parked.

Both the .net and .com dropped last year and there was a bidding war for the .com but I picked up the .net for the drop fee.

A few months ago, I got an email offering to sell me the .com for $10 (1/5 the price it sold for in the auction) and I checked it's availability so I registered it.

I have them both at Parked and it's odd, not only does the .net have more traffic, it has a much higher % of clicks than the .com

Is it just me or is this odd? Both are optimized with the same keyword and the same template.

Domain Days 2024

Wire

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The .net probably used to be a developed site and has some remaining backlinks. Sometimes the net is far more valuable in such cases but its certainly rare - but a good example would be Authorize.net.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Normally I'd agree but both domains dropped the same day and were from the same registrar. I think the same person owned both of them.

But, you could still be correct, I didn't check the orig dates so both could have been used but then the .com dropped, the owner of the .net picked it up and redirected the .com to the .net.

Wire

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would just do a backlink search that should show you whats going on.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
indeed, some more research needs to be done.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did a Google search for the domains, 24 hits for the .net and 21 for the .com so it doesn't seem like backlinks.

Eh, I'm not to worried I just find it odd that the .net is doing better than the .com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom