Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.net .org or .biz if .com taken ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molotov

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
peaking shorlty i found not bad niche where most .coms is taken but usually [either] .net .org or .biz is free for every name [usually not all fo them].
i know nothing beats .com but what would be pricing on the other 3 extensions aka what preference should i take whenb buying? i definately want this names just dont know extensions to choose.

tt9000

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
biz is the one I dislike the most, but funniest thing is it does allow one character/digit.

Molotov

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes i undertand the part that .com is only good.
so okay .biz sucks

so if u really want some name but there is .org and .net free what you rather go over or are they exactly equal in value?
.org is cheaper than .net now

lets ay what is better:
newyork.net or newyork.org ?

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lets ay what is better:
newyork.net or newyork.org ?

I think it depends on the keyword. I prefer:
hosting.net
but also prefer
help.org

There may be other options, like your own ccTLD, depending on intended use. But no one size fits all answer imo.

Molotov

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
okay gotcha.
thanx!

seo law domains

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Molotov,

take a look at the IDNX valuation charts:
http://www.idnx.com/

its a bit more scientific than our hunches, but generally confirms what everyone has said here.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Also, anecdotally Domain Journal listings seem to be higher for .net when both .net and .org are sold (see porvenir.net/.org from latest listing: http://dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm)

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My advice is to get both. If you're developing one, having the other allows you to (1) forward it to your site for possibly more traffic and (2) prevent it from being used by another business (which might push you down in page rank). And if you're selling one, having the other prevents your intended buyer from grabbing the one you don't have rather than buying from you.

However, if you only want one and you'd like a specific recommendation, feel free to send a private message. I won't register it myself.

premiumtap

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on the keyword. I prefer:
hosting.net
but also prefer
help.org

I agree, however, I have had more success ranking with development for .org. Especially when it's a website that doesn't sell or charge for downloads i.e. wallpaper, themes, file/image sharing etc.

I have not done any scientific testing for this but of the 30 or so websites I have developed I clearly seem to get ranked faster and higher using .org then .net or any other besides .com.

And yes, there are clear exceptions to this rule for me, like when it's a commercial site; .org is just not acceptable for this kind of website.

Best wishes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom