Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.net without hyphen or .com with hyphen for keyword domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpgoodboy

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, I want to build a new web site. The keyword gets about 22,000 searches in Google per month.

I can register the .net version without hyphen or the .com version with hypen.

What is the better option?

For ranking purposes it does not matter. I want to know, because I want to build a minisite, rank it and then sell it for HUGE profit (hopefully ;))

Last edited:

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
register both, develop one and forward the other. I'd probably develop the hyphenated dot com. I am assuming only one dash, two word. If it is a three word, go with the .net

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, I want to build a new web site. The keyword gets about 22,000 searches in Google per month.

I can register the .net version without hyphen or the .com version with hypen.

What is the better option?

For ranking purposes it does not matter. I want to know, because I want to build a minisite, rank it and then sell it for HUGE profit (hopefully ;))

read your post in reverse

in the end, you want to sell for huge profit, but the options you are considering " a hyphenated .com or non hyphenated .net"

what are the chances that either if developed, would sell for huge profits.....if the non hyphenated .com has no market history?

i would seek out similar terms in .com, even if search results are lower, because i would have the .com , the hyphenated .com and be able to get all other tld's too

by choosing a domain with lower results, you also have less competition with ranking

thus with a high position and a developed website in .com with and without the hyphens, the potential is greater for a higher roi -

than having just the hyphen .com and the non hyphen .net....a potential buyer may be concerned about that .com without the hyphen that's just sitting there waiting.

imo...

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Def. go for the .net.

Less traffic leakage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom