Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

NetSol delayed drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi all

More than 10 days after the appearance of the standard "Domain not found locally, but Registry points back to local DB.
Local WHOIS DB must be out of date." message, a NetSol registered domain has yet to drop.

Does any fellow WHT members have any experience in this regard? Is it possible for the delay to last for an indefinite period?

Thanks.
host1515

Domain summit 2024

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. A removal from the root server does not mean its going to drop after a fixed number of days. It just means it is ready to drop.

The joke today is that you get these notifications, then you check a couple of days later, and the original registrant's name has been reinstated.

Rumor has it that Netsol is in the process of hoarding the best names for the WLS launch.

Thanks mole.

hoarding the best names for the WLS launch
:(

Do you think the proposal to exclude all SnapBacked domains from WLS is likely to be approved?

Thanks again.
host1515

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use Snaps and totally forgot about that! Good question. Snaps will sure have lots of refunding to do if that happens. But then again, they will be appointed the official facilitator of WLS, so give back a little get back a lot.

Here's to 400 points :D

Hi again mole

Saw your other post about Ultsearch. How serious are you in buying from these people? Do they have a number of domains you're very keen to acquire?

host1515

Is the snapnames "grandfathering" anything more than a rumor? It certainly doesn't seem to form part of the current proposal and as Mole says, Snap will make their money from the VGRS license.

I get the feeling its more wishful thinking than based on anything concrete - but I'd love to hear otherwise.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by host1515

Saw your other post about Ultsearch. How serious are you in buying from these people? Do they have a number of domains you're very keen to acquire?

host1515

Hi host1515,

Yes, very serious. But just one domain. Do you have the contact in?

Hi mole

Presumably the "lame domain" you offered $500 for? I've a contact who works for a large Asian ISP; he is now doing a 6 month stint in their Hong Kong office. Will ask him to call Ultsearch to see how the wind blows. No need for domain name - 1st need to see if they wanna talk. Will PM you if there's any feedback.

... but don't hold your breadth ...

Hi safesys

It's in one of VS's proposals. It's not a true grandfathering arrangement though. All (SnapBacked) domains excluded will continue to be "snappable" by SN/NW/EF/etc until the Snap's expiry, according to the proposal.

host1515

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay, thanks. Much appreciate your effort.

I agree with safesys that maybe they use their names as a search convertor, but hopefully they will see how lame that name is in generating traffic and sell.

I've been to their sites and those search listings really do suck. Nothing beats Google for getting what you want.

Mole, thats as maybe for the results not being the best - but its all about capturing the click at peak interest. If someone has typed in a descriptive domain to see whats there, and if the search page offers a link to the item - it will convert into revenue.

Thats why type-in traffic can be so valuable as its new people every day rather than having to market a single url search engine.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rumor has it that Netsol is in the process of hoarding the best names for the WLS launch.

Rumor ?????

Fact 970,000 legacy domains in storage. Expired as far back as 1996.

Thank ICAAN for their toothless approach.

WLS will mean about $100 million to Verisign in the first year and $50 mill a year after.

And violates just about everything in the Registrars contracts.

Watch for the class action suits if they attempt to force it thru.

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
With gmartfin's statement in mind.
Would it be safe to say; start investing in Verisign?

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Would it be safe to say; start investing in Verisign?

Nope, I truly believe the class action suits from all their sins will kill & or cripple NSI.

Here's an example. Somebody recently called me as a result of a referal. They had a domain renewing at NSI. The Canadian dollar equivalent for the renewal was $56. The renewal date was 90 days away. Could I recommend something cheaper.

I immediately paid and started a transfer at namecheap.com cost about $12 can. I also told the client at that time the transfer

"WOULD NEVER GO THROUGH"

I told them NSI would ignore the transfer letter and they did (7 times)...... stall until 30 days before the transfer and then refuse it based on their no transfer (if 30 day or less before renewal) (illegal) rule.

And that's precisely what happened.

It happened despite the intervention of the owner of namecheap.com. It happened despite the intervention of one of the senior people at snapnames who has been dealing with NSI over the WLS (BS) and had some stellar contacts at NSI.

I've seen this happen countless times to other registrants.

Theft, extortion.... pure and simple. One day somebody is going to get real mad or some ambulance chaser will realize there is a massive fraud going on there.

Any company that conducts their affairs like that is one to avoid. Sooner or later the conduct will come back to haunt them. :D

I'll try not to cry :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators