Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Netsol leaks email

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotDuDe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hahaha what a bunch of idiots... did they sent it with CC: fields?:)

ps. the same was with TLD zone file notification when it was sent to all contacts that had access to zone files (this was when ORG where about to transfered to another company)....

hellstrom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They are sorry:

"Network Solutions, a Revising subsidiary, sent a Customer Notification email to its .org customers this morning which inadvertently contained email addresses for some other .org customers. This was a mistake and we apologize for including those additional emails in the notification. The notification contained no other information from other customers. The customer notification is intended to educate customers on the upcoming Registry transition from Revising to Public Interest Registry (PIR). Network Solutions takes every opportunity to keep its customers informed of industry changes that affect their Web services. However, regret the inconvenience this error caused them and we will be contacting all customers who were affected by this email."

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still another example of the amazing incompetance at NetSol, one of many examples for many yrs. What idiots.

Isn't it amazing how such a poorly run poorly staffed and poor business plan company can somehow still be the largest registrar and have most corporations and top-tier names there?

On another subject, anyone here been trying to transfer a name from NetSol to OpensSRS for the past 3 yrs with no success? I have basically given up after great time and effort to transfer out and simply renew there at their high fee now as I have no other option. They have won that battle with me, on the 1 name I still have there.

P.S. That is caused by the domain being locked and also encrypted paswrd (they actually locked it without my request to do so), and their refusal to unlock and help with the paswrd, unless we go thru all the tricky motions with all the complex forms and responders and also send it from my old email address, etc.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You'd think someone would have noticed 86,000 1.7 meg emails going out..... that's 150 Gigabytes!

boychik

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hope they didn't also send out snail mail. OUCH!!!

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
D'you mean EVERY .org registrant, not only those with NetSol? Why haven't I got it? I JUST purchased ville.org yesterday morning! When did that happen? (All my other .org's are NOT in the range of r-z, not even those of my clients, sh...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom