Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

netvoice.com -- missed deal of a lifetime, or eNom bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Was on eNom just now looking for domains with "net" and "tv" in them, and eNom's suggestion engine informed me that netvoice.com was available! With flutters in my stomach, I quickly added it to my cart, only to find my account needed refilling. I quickly ran through the PayPal payment, and checked out in a matter of about 45 seconds. My heart sank when I saw that this domain was no longer available.

What happened? Did I miss an amazing unexpected drop? Or was eNom's suggestion engine just buggy? Could it be that this domain dropped unexpectedly at 11:23 PM CST (or slightly before)? Did someone just happen to find this jewel at the same time I did and beat me to the puch? The WHOIS shows "lame delegation", but I don't fully understand how this works. Somebody tell me this was just an eNom bug, or I'm going to be kick myself for not keeping my eNom account filled.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enom's suggestion engine was wrong this time.

The domain hasn't been available for a long time.
Or, it took you 9 yrs to refill your acct. :-D

Domain Name: NETVOICE.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Name Server: No nameserver
Updated Date: 20-oct-2004
Creation Date: 23-jan-1996
Expiration Date: 24-jan-2006

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, this one's been taken for awhile. I've seen instances like that ocurr at many registrars. Before getting excited check at a second place like Register.com real quick to be sure it's really open.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameYourself said:
Yep, this one's been taken for awhile. I've seen instances like that ocurr at many registrars. Before getting excited check at a second place like Register.com real quick to be sure it's really open.

Yeah, I saw the WHOIS record, but I thought perhaps the domain had dropped unexpectedly and whois.sc was showing a cached record. (Wishful thinking, obviously). Besides, there's no harm in trying -- worst thing that can happen is the domain is not available. I'd rather give it a shot than find out later that the the domain was available and I didn't even try -- or took too long checking out other registrars and someone else snagged it.

Gotta admit, though, netvoice.com is an A-caliber domain -- especially for VoIP.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i remember when voice.com dropped a couple years ago, now THAT is a domain i can legitimtaely call A-caliber.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enoms interface ALWATS does this!!!

when looking for domains, whatever it suggests in the bottom (as alternative choices) always shows the .com as available (at least for me).
That is WHATEVER it suggests, even if all other extensions are taken.
They really need to fix this.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stuff like that is *very* annoying, I guess we all have experienced it from time to time. And not only Enom is guilty of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom