Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Network Solutions Facing Big Damages in Sex.Com Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd sure like to hear from the atttorneys here on how that decision may affect our .."property" holdings...domain names.

Are we looking at tax possibilities ? pro's ..cons... anyone ..

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First I consider the real fault of Network Solutions here is that they refused to reverse the transfer once they were made aware of the fraud. I seriously doubt that there would be a $65,000,000 lawsuit here if Network Solutions had done the right thing back in 1994 and worked to fix the mistake in 1994. No domain was worth a fraction of this back in 1994. Not even sex.com.

Personally I have less sympathy here for Network Solutions than even for the convicted Cohen.

As for the implcation of the ruling for domain holders it is very positive since a much stronger legal status can only increase value and liquidity.

basscaster

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is big news, because domains names can be considered 'property', according to the ruling.

This distinction will certainly give benefits to some owners, and liabilities to others.

The implications could be huge - any of the domain attorneys want to comment on this?

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Network Solutions is part of VeriSign, right.. hey, wait a minute, aren't they "The Value of Trust"TM ?? And, their front page also says "Online fraud is on the rise, learn how to protect your business and yourself."

LOL.

It couldn't happen to a nicer company!

VeriSign blows dead German Shepherds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom