Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

netsol Network Solutions Is Giving Me Chest Pain

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Network Solutions.

ikehook

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dear NetSol,

You've successfully made it to the top of my worst registrar in the world chart. While I enjoy the elevator music that I've had to listen to for the 6 hours you've had me on hold this week, I'm starting to get tired of it. You would think pushing a name into another Network Solutions account would be streamlined, but apparently it is not.

Please update your computers so that when I have to call repeatedly your agents don't say things like "My computer is running slow" or the "Network is down tonight".

I'm not asking for anything special, I just don't want to have to call you over and over because the things your supervisors promise, like a simple domain push/transfer, seem to be impossible.

Please Stop blaming SnapNames. OK I get it, there's an issue transferring names acquired in that platform. So please fix it, or at least tell your own people that there's a problem. If you've recognized a problem but continue to allow customers to have a bad experience with your product they're not going to stick around.

And another thing...
Please don't make me track down an Authorization code. Why does it take so Long? I have to call you if I want it in less than a week. Then I have to answer stupid security questions so that you can email be something that I should already have access to.

Domain summit 2024

fpforum

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not the first time I've heard of people having problems with NetSol :\

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Netsol, Register.com, web.com...it's quite a web they weave.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And we're trapped...

ikehook

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good News!!! Register.com sent me this Yesterday. Feel free to use the promo code for the savings. lol That's for a .Com not some other crazy extension.

AGFYx13VrLvM2VlbSoJ85O7XTw4X1uHpufIeect-Mib62J8QXCWgwbjv33wgiPFGc_DhF4G_VHsHnUbQhTDn=s0-d-e1-ft

Renewal TermPrice*Save at Least
1 Year$37.00$1.00
2 Years$72.00$4.00
3 Years$99.00$15.00
N60TWe2Medm1_DSA-ghIMUxdQrveWflv-rX7khHEPVJCdLmxBGvdSAk7hVMInX8kuRYdoE2U45eIM5oIgcXn9bLGRKICEJz7y9uB7oTF2AnL-VrYCcmplkw=s0-d-e1-ft

*Savings off year-by-year renewal at $38/year.
Your domains expire on
27-AUG-14

Dear JOSH,

Did you know? Many customers lose their valuable domain name simply because they forget to renew. Keep your name safe and renew today!

Renew yours TODAY!

Use invitation code:
domren52112

ikehook

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well NetSol, another week has gone by full of empty dreams, broken promises and crack smoking.

You still haven't been able to push a name into an account on your own registrar. It's been over a month now so why should this week be any different.

Don't worry I'll keep emailing and calling you. Not because I enjoy the conversation, but because the buyer has paid for the damn thing and would like to have it. Please give them a free year of registration since they've lost all this time.

This is actually a brilliant business strategy. You can't lose business if you don't let them leave... Well played NetSol, well played indeed.

Seriously I'd move all my domains away from you ASAP, but I envision several years of full time work to make that happen.

Anyway good talk, got my fingers crossed that you'll figure it out tomorrow, or at least this week. I'm a glass-half-full kinda guy.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They haven't improved at all after so many years. As they say a leopard cannot change its spots.

ikehook

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You'd think that since Web bought snapnames they'd fix it...

They're sitting at the board meeting:

"let's buy a leading backorder/aftermarket domain service" "great idea!"
"Should we fix our crappy registrars, to improving ease of use and customer service?"
"No way, it's fine the way it is"
"Good point, if they can't transfer the names, they'll eventually drop and we can auction them off all over again, it's a win win"

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Just move your domains out. Ergo, no more chest pains.

ikehook

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lol that's the problem, I can't even push one into another account. Trust me I'll attempt to move them at some point. I only have names there from backorders I've never intentionally registered anything there.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
network solutions has always been a bad registrar and i don't think there are any plans for improvement in the near future:)

Tikkun

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just move your domains out. Ergo, no more chest pains.

I usually don't have problem transferring out of NetSol anymore (except for the fact they make you wait, wait and wait some more), but I can attest to having issues transferring out of Register.com.

Sometimes I win domains from this monster from NameJet.com, and even after providing a receipt, they won't give me the auth code due to "suspicious" activity. The only suspicious activity is theirs.

To really burn in the point, they've even charged me for renewals at FULL PRICE ($37 or whatever the hell it is) I never asked for, when simply ordering domain privacy, which is outright fraud. They did it by "mistake". Complete asshats. White collar criminals.

Honestly, it's easier long term to make money by being honest. Economies work based on trust. Sales generally increase when you have a trustable system and quality products, which is why first world countries consume things at an alarming rate compared to junta republics. I don't understand why some people just don't get that. Especially big companies like this. Totally bizarro.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
tikkun you'll not be very surprised network solutions and register have the same owner, they are sort of the same. and net sol is worse than you think, just give it time;). keep away from both.
for starters very few domainers can afford those two registrars, esp. net sol. i believe net sol has the craziest pricing out there.

today net sol also owns snap names so i don't have any good expectation for the new snap.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i never had a problem pushing from netsol account to netsol account but only with domains actually with "networksolutions.com" and not one of the snapnames registrars. The auth code wait time shouldn't be allowed. They should at least make it instant for snapnames.com associated accounts.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators