Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Network Solutions REALLY good at transfer OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay, this is really good. I just transferred a domain name away from Network Solutions for one of my clients. Here's the whole story.

I got a deactivation notice from NetSol at 4:03 p.m. on Wednesday (25 February) that *************.com (name withheld) was expiring in 7 days (3 March). Damn it, I forgot to transfer my client's domain! Immediately I initiated a registrar transfer over at EV1. I was thinking this one probably wouldn't go through. Then I got a verification e-mail from NetSol at 9:35 a.m. the next day (26 Feb), confirmed that and got a successful return at 9:38 a.m. Transfer complete. Happy ending. :)

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are very good about transferring. With one notable exception... don't try transferring to eNom at this time without having at least 2 weeks to play inside of! :) Prior to their "slowing" actions against DROA, NetSol was transferring REAL quick for me.

~ Nexus

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Netsol is now doing a great job since they were purchased from Verislime.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
Netsol is now doing a great job since they were purchased from Verislime.
They were doing a great job before that time too. Might be easier for people to accept them if it is disassociated from Verisign though. I think thet started on a long road to being better when they first got purchased by Verisign. Prior to that they were still on they're stupid system that didn't offer a particular "account" for users, so much as a series of authentication methods for making chaginges to individual domain names. They took a REAL LONG time getting everyone over into an "user account" system, and had pretty much wrapped up much of that legacy clean-up before it being purchased. Now that work can be continued. But I'm thankful for all of it.

~ Nexus

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's the stinkin DROA thing. I blame enom for that and not Netsol. I'd rather see Netsol send an email before cancelling the transfers and then sending an email with their explanation, requiring a re-submittal all over again.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yay for netsol.

Very happy to hear that NameSlave.

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Isn't EV1 using Tucows? I think Netsol's made it easier to transfer to Tucows because Verisign's own "Digital Brand Management Service" is using Tucows. Do a whois on aexp.com and citibank.com if you don't believe me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom