Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

NetworkSolutions creaming off best domains avoiding Namejet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are NetworkSolutions creaming off best domains and avoiding Namejet auctions now ? Reason I ask is that there was one of their domains in pending delete last night and quite a number of potential bidders on Namejet and yet this morning shows as owned by domain asset holdings and no auction . Looks like they simply sold it to them rather than auction it. Anyone know.

DG

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are NetworkSolutions creaming off best domains and avoiding Namejet auctions now ? Reason I ask is that there was one of their domains in pending delete last night and quite a number of potential bidders on Namejet and yet this morning shows as owned by domain asset holdings and no auction . Looks like they simply sold it to them rather than auction it. Anyone know.

DG

if it was pending delete, then it dropped, thats a fact. just namejet did not get it.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if it was pending delete, then it dropped, thats a fact. just namejet did not get it.

I doubt it very much due to the fact it did NOT drop .The domain was unitedtextiles.com
The previous owner was;
Registrant:
United Textile SA
1 Loggou str
Metamorfosi, Athens 14452
GR

Domain Name: UNITEDTEXTILES.COM

So HOW did it get t to Domain Asset Holdings. It was NOT purchased from the Greeks I know that much.

DG

Last edited:

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I doubt it very much due to the fact it did NOT drop .The domain was unitedtextiles.com
The previous owner was;
Registrant:
United Textile SA
1 Loggou str
Metamorfosi, Athens 14452
GR

Domain Name: UNITEDTEXTILES.COM

So HOW did it get t to Domain Asset Holdings. It was NOT purchased from the Greeks I know that much.

DG

then state correct facts. You said in first post that it was in "PENDING DELETE". in fact it was not

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
then state correct facts. You said in first post that it was in "PENDING DELETE". in fact it was not

Erm, sorry but I DID state correct facts. The whois output last night was it was "expired and pending delete" (or whatever the well known wording of Netsol is on their expired domains. Anyway you now have all the info ,so.
The new owner shows as;
Registrant:
Admin, Domain
Domain Asset Holdings, LLC
7731 Tuckerman Lane, #160
Potomac, MD 20854
US

So I can only assume that either Namejet or Netsol bypassed the auction process and sold domain off directly
to the new owners. Maybe someone can say other than that ?.

DG

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Erm, sorry but I DID state correct facts. The whois output last night was it was "expired and pending delete" (or whatever the well known wording of Netsol is on their expired domains. Anyway you now have all the info ,so.
The new owner shows as;
Registrant:
Admin, Domain
Domain Asset Holdings, LLC
7731 Tuckerman Lane, #160
Potomac, MD 20854
US

So I can only assume that either Namejet or Netsol bypassed the auction process and sold domain off directly
to the new owners. Maybe someone can say other than that ?.

DG

you are wrong, if you are talking about domain expiring status.
the domain you are taking about was in so called Pre-Release status - nothing to do with PENDING DELETE - http://www.registercompass.com/domains/pre-release/
but there is a status called "pending delete" - http://www.registercompass.com/wiki/domains/pendingdelete.aspx

just to be clear - two totally different things as far as catching and understanding what you are saying

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you are wrong, if you are talking about domain expiring status.
the domain you are taking about was in so called Pre-Release status - nothing to do with PENDING DELETE - http://www.registercompass.com/domains/pre-release/
but there is a status called "pending delete" - http://www.registercompass.com/wiki/domains/pendingdelete.aspx

just to be clear - two totally different things as far as catching and understanding what you are saying

Thanks for the info, although I was aware of those differences. So what do you think happened to this domain and why no private auction ?.

DG

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ah, this is what it said on the domain last night;
Pending Renewal or Deletion [email protected]

And also read their deletion policy;

Domain Deletion Policy

Domain names are registered for fixed periods that are subject to renewal. If a customer has selected our “auto-renew” feature for a domain name registration, we will attempt to automatically renew the domain name registration approximately sixty (60) to ninety (90) days prior to the domain name registration expiration date (subject to the terms related to the “auto-renew” feature found in our Service Agreement and on our web site). If a Network Solutions reseller has selected the “auto-renew” feature on behalf of their customer(s), we will attempt to automatically renew the domain name approximately 15 days prior to the expiration date. If a customer has not selected our “auto-renew” feature for a domain name registration, we send several communications to customers and/or the agents acting on their behalf to alert them that their domain name registration services will expire on a certain date. If a customer does not renew the domain name registration by the expiration date, the domain name registration is subject to deletion at any time after that. In an effort to help our customers avoid unintentional deletion of their domain name registration(s), we may, but are not obligated to, provide our customers with a “grace period” after their domain name registration services expiration date(s) (a “grace period” begins on the day after the date of expiration). We currently endeavor to provide a grace period that extends 35 days past the expiration date, to allow the renewal of domain name registration services. During this period a customer can renew a domain name registration; however, a grace period is not guaranteed and can change or be eliminated at any time without notice. Consequently, every customer who desires to renew his or her domain name registration services should do so in advance of the expiration date to avoid any unintended domain name deletion.

If an expired domain name registration is not renewed during any grace period provided by us, pursuant to our Service Agreement, rather than delete the domain name registration, we may, in our sole discretion, renew and transfer the domain name registration to Network Solutions or to a third party on the customer’s behalf. This renewal and transfer process is called a “Direct Transfer.” We will not attempt to complete a Direct Transfer of a domain name registration after expiration if the customer to whom the domain name is registered has notified us by email at [email protected] stating that he or she does not want us to proceed with such a transfer. In this case, the domain name registration will be deleted. A customer’s failure to notify us that they do not want us to complete a Direct Transfer constitutes that customer’s consent to the Direct Transfer.

DG

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is there any governing rule that says "netsol" or any other registrar, "must" send names thru an "auction" process upon expiration?

cuz as far as i know, it's being done as a courtesy, while also being profitable

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
DomainTools works closely with NameJet to promote pre-release domains (in the WHOIS) as expired and available to backorder.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, although I was aware of those differences. So what do you think happened to this domain and why no private auction ?.

DG

seeing that the drop game is not your strongest thing.
I would say normal auction you just missed it

take care

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is there any governing rule that says "netsol" or any other registrar, "must" send names thru an "auction" process upon expiration?
Nope, domainers are entitled to a peek at the crumbs, but only after they have had lunch :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom