Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Nevada LLC or Delaware LLC for foreign ownership?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd love an S-corp for domaining but can't have one on account of operating as a Canadian corporation.

LLC is the way to go for me, so I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with either using a Delaware LLC or Nevada LLC.

I guess the main issue in making the decision is what kind of paperwork has to be filed on an ongoing basis with each state - ie, financial statements and IRS paperwork, etc and also what kind of annual fees there are for each state.

After some googling I can't see any consistent information from the incorporation service providers.

One did say something interesting that after 1 year of establishing an LLC and getting an EIN you can apply for a H1B Visa for yourself for working in that state. Don't know if this is BS or pre-patriot act info. I figure someone here would be in the know.

Domain Days 2024

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a Delaware LLC.
I registered it at thedelawarecompany.com.
It's pretty easy process - they take care of everything for you - you just need to tell them what you want.
There's no ongoing paperwork - you pay a Registered Agent fee each year (I think it's $100/year) and that's it.
IRS - if you want an EIN (its like SSN but for companies), they can also do this for you for more money. I think you only need it if you want a US bank account.
I think what you wrote about the H1B visa is correct as I also heard about it.

hth
Idan

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know John Berryhill (Delaware LLC) and Stevan Lieberman (MD & Wash,DC LLC)
will set up a company for you. I have no idea what they charge.

If you use a cookie cutter form, you might be leaving a hole in your corporate defense.

If you are not knowledgeable about U.S. corp law, I would suggest seek some
advise before you waste your money by creating a defective corporate vail.

John (at) JohnBerryhill.com
Stevan (at) APLegal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom