Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

new AdSense preview tool, more channels, more languages, and other features

Status
Not open for further replies.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google AdSense: What's New

WebSearch plus AdSense for search

AdSense now offers the ability to monetize web and site search! WebSearch plus AdSense for search combines Google's powerful search with monetized and customizable search results pages. Simply placing the code on any web page that meets our program criteria will generate a WebSearch box, allowing users to search without leaving your site, and providing additional revenue for you. Learn more.

As an AdSense publisher, you automatically get access to Google WebSearch. To activate WebSearch simply go to your Account Information page and click on the Products link. Edit your Product settings to include WebSearch and a new top-level tab will appear for Search Settings.

AdSense preview tool

The AdSense preview tool is an exciting new tool that's loaded with features. Use it to preview the ads that would appear on any web page, from a number of geographic regions. Test out color combinations. Click through to advertiser sites without generating invalid clicks, and easily add their URLs to your URL filter list.

For the full scoop, please read the Google AdSense Preview Tool FAQ at https://www.google.com/adsense/previewtool.

New languages available

AdSense and WebSearch are now available in 4 new languages: Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, and Swedish.

Publishers may select their language preference from the Account Information tab of their AdSense account. Site copy and support communications are now available in these new languages, and AdSense ad code or WebSearch code may be placed on web pages with content in any of our supported languages. For a full list of available languages, please read our FAQ at http://www.google.com/adsense/faq#eligibility4.

Other improvements

In addition to the new features above, we've added the following improvements to your account:

* More channels! You can now create up to 50 active channels for each of AdSense and WebSearch, for a total of 100 channels across your site.
* New ad format - the new half banner is a 234x60 horizontal banner, available for text ad units.

Action required - account type selection

We're requiring that all publishers select an account type for their AdSense account. Upon logging in to your account, you'll be brought to the Account Selection page, from which you'll be asked to select an Individual or Business account. Your selection will not affect the features or performance of your account, but will help us to streamline our payment process and protect you from identity theft.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very nice!

Thanks for posting it!

-=DCG=-

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I already have added the new websearch to a few pages,interesting to see how well they monetize..

I like the expanded channels also ..30 new channels

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just wish adsense updated their stats hourly like in the beginning!

-=DCG=-

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
I just wish adsense updated their stats hourly like in the beginning!

-=DCG=-

I'm just getting use to not seeing updates but once a day.....nice to be able to step away and not check every 1/2 hour...I kind of like knowing that they will only update once a day so I can get on with my life..

Oh crap ..who am I kidding ..I'm going to go check right now .! :cheeky:

:laugh:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was addicted to it like watching a sports game.... was cool!

now its gone!

bring it back so I can have no life and just watch it!

-=DCG=-

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
Very nice!

Thanks for posting it!

-=DCG=-

Anytime!

:cool:

Does anyone here use any of the different adsense tracker scripts?

I'm looking for one that dosent need configuration for each page to be added by hand to the database, as I have way too many pages to add each site separately. It's going to be hard enough getting the js on each page that needs tracking.

Any experience with any of them, you guys?

Many thanks,
MH

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
I just wish adsense updated their stats hourly like in the beginning! -=DCG=-

That's for sure, in fact they once updated even more often than hourly, seemingly almost real-time when I joined adsense last summer. Now some days it appears they do it once a day and/or not reporting until the next day, with no updates all day. Another oddity is occasionally (i.e. June 12) they stopped updating late afternoon and not one impression/click was recorded the rest of the day, making the income last Sat the lowest it has been in months for me.

Another problem is how they manage to get reasonably well targeted ads running but suddenly without reason they either make the ads far less targeted or even worse replace good ads with non-paying charity ads. I notice them doing that a lot on my sites and here at DNF.

Don't misunderstand, I love G and Adsense but these issues are really maddening and G needs to fix these problems.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

The Google AdSense team would like to alert you to a potential
issue with the new WebSearch code that you may have implemented
on your website.

Between the hours of 5pm and 1am PST (June 17-18), incomplete
WebSearch code was being generated by our system. This code
prevents us from tracking clicks and impressions if the
optional SiteSearch option was selected.

All code generated after 1am has been verified as being
complete. If you added WebSearch with SiteSearch to your site
during the time period specified above, please regenerate your
WebSearch code and paste it into your pages. We will not be
able to track your SiteSearch earnings until you do so.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your
cooperation.

Sincerely,
The Google Team

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about the WebSearch. Does google allow you to park domains with that, and earn money from anyone who searches?. Then stick a notice up on the area for your logo that the domain is forsale.

RMF

batface

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
bidawinner said:
I'm just getting use to not seeing updates but once a day.....nice to be able to step away and not check every 1/2 hour...I kind of like knowing that they will only update once a day so I can get on with my life..

Oh crap ..who am I kidding ..I'm going to go check right now .! :cheeky:

:laugh:

I thought it was just me!! :)

It's not Google but I look at my earnings then realise that a new figure might have been added the moment I press the mouse, so I have to do it again.
30 minutes later and slightly freaked out something normally drags me away.

I need help!!!!

I may need to preview this a few times!! :) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom