Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New China Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

With the new china names coming online shortly I'd be interested to know how many of you will be going after some.

Thanks

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In a personal capacity I will say I am waiting for the .cn landrush in March to try to grab some great names as most good names under .com.cn are already registered.

As a representative of Dotster I will say bid on as many as possible .com/net/org.cn domains at www.cnauctions.com :D

Mark......

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MarkMitford
In a personal capacity I will say I am waiting for the .cn landrush in March to try to grab some great names as most good names under .com.cn are already registered.

As a reporsentative of Dotster I will say bid on as many as possible .com/net/org.cn domains at www.cnauctions.com :D

Mark......

Shhh ..keep it down...:)

Yeah Mark, thats what I am going to do also..

I may reg a few of the com.cn but the real rush comes in March.

M

mole

I think Dotster is doing a great job in promoting .cn. All the other key registrars are still incognito with this. Also, didn't know they were going to introduce root .cn options like .us in March until yesterday when I read this post and looked that up in the faqs on http://www.cnauction.com.

The fact that Neustar will be administrating this is a great step forward in ensuring the domain management ease and integrity of the whois.

I believe that there will be a lot of invester interest from Asia and the large overseas Chinese community in US, Canada and Europe in the landgrab for this extension, especially for names like business.cn. But I won't be surprised if the Chinese government reserves a lot of these upfront.

I'm starting to see the new emerging ccTLD shaping internet namespace in new and exciting ways. Glocalisation of namespace is still catching, but I doubt its just a fleeting trend.

Well, no harm grabbing a few at reg fee. Better safe than sorry. :D

My new 8-bagger goal - .info. .biz .com .net .org. .us .cn .eu

I remember those fashion houses used to say London, Paris, New York below their brands. On the emerging internet namespace, looks like its shaping to be .us .eu .cn :eek:

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your great feedback. Personally I'll be trying for a few premium .eu and .cn names. I probably won't get any of them, but I figure it's worth a go.

M

mole

The .eu domain is still a toss in the wind right now. Hope the restrictions aren't too strict on foreign purchase.

Perhaps someone here could start a proxy agent service for those who can't buy these domains because of restrictions.

KLICKMARKET

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed30
Hi,

With the new china names coming online shortly I'd be interested to know how many of you will be going after some.

Thanks

personally ..!! i think DOT COM will always rule...that is why i regged ..... ChinasInternet.COM yesterday.

nice portal to the chinese web ..eh ???
(or domain holding page ??)

best of luck with those other domain extensions though !!

KLICKSTER :D :D
e-mail [email protected]

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by KLICKMARKET

personally ..!! i think DOT COM will always rule...that is why i regged ..... ChinasInternet.COM yesterday.

nice portal to the chinese web ..eh ???
(or domain holding page ??)

best of luck with those other domain extensions though !!

KLICKSTER :D :D
e-mail [email protected]

you CMU Klickster!!!

Your well ahead of the ChinaInvasion, right pal?? Always 'on top of things'..

some 'things' are sharp.. be careful..

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
recent post on ST network:

CN (ChinaDN)
Has anyone registered the 'China' country code DN's?

.CN Domain Name is Available for Pre-order!

With relaxation of the .cn (China's official internet address) policy, you don't have to be in China or a Chinese organization to register a .cn domain name. The .com.cn, .net.cn and .org.cn domain names will be opened to worldwide registration on December 15, 2002 on a First-Come, First-Served basis. Businesses and organizations should take this opportunity to establish a Chinese presence with .cn domain names!
http://www.domainprocessor.com/dotcn/dotcnpo.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom