Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale New CIRA website...NICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Take a look at the new CIRA website. I think it looks much better.:)

Last edited:
Domain Days 2024

lotsofcoffee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's very slick!

DomainLobe

Internet Ventures
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Slow to load for me but much nicer than the previous iteration.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thumbs down from me on the whois page.
Humongous header and image means you have to ALWAYS scroll down to see the whois results.

I think it's change for the sake of change (and with 1.174 million domains, and no base-rate price reduction, someone needs to find something to do with all that extra revenue).

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I knew something was different when i went to CIRA on my blackberry.

It is actually much easier to log in now through a blackberry. Although now that i take a look at the site on an actual computer...i liked the simple look from before.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like the old look better. This one looks too much like those so-called "SEO" companies promising first place on google by placing 1500 duplicate directory listings into cheesy low-end directories.

Money to burn indeed.

EDIT - I bet those websites highlighted in the header will be getting a traffic bump over the change.

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's nice but I have seen the layout before.
It's just a rehash of onemilliondomains.ca

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's right! I knew it looked familiar. The million reg countdown .ca site.
I think they could have done MUCH better...or just left it alone.

It's nice but I have seen the layout before.
It's just a rehash of onemilliondomains.ca

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I was a registrar I'd be more than a little upset about the use of "Why.ca" which appears to be owned by "xxxxxxxxx.ca" throughout the site. Who's really running CIRA?

Last edited:

6sons

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thumbs down from me on the whois page.
Humongous header and image means you have to ALWAYS scroll down to see the whois results.

Yes - long header and lots of scrolling. There is a shortcut! :yes:

a.) Go to top right and perform a whois search
b.) Scroll to bottom of results page and without putting a domain in the placeholder hit the search button
c.) this will bring up a page that shows a short version of the whois search page without any scrolling
d.) bookmark it or set it to home page.

Lastly, the owner of why.ca should start a registrar for all the leads they will get from Cira.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
a.) Go to top right and perform a whois search
b.) Scroll to bottom of results page and without putting a domain in the placeholder hit the search button
c.) this will bring up a page that shows a short version of the whois search page without any scrolling
d.) bookmark it or set it to home page.

Thanks Wayne.
I do use the http://whois.cira.ca/public/ as a shortcut, which is fine for inputting the domain name.
But the results don't show up except below the first 550 pixels.
So, for a private whois domain, you could previously see the complete whois (i.e. the expiry date, suspended or active, and name servers) without scrolling in a partially-opened window of 640 pixels high, which is what I use.
Now, all that is visible in 640 pixels is the domain name and domain name status.
Who designs websites with the secondary pages having the top 2/3 as containing completely unnecessary content?
The important content does not fit in the first screen.

Above quote from link WebpagesThatSuck.com

Speaking of design, who else designs pages with an ABSOLUTE ZERO left margin - it feels like I need to scroll my page to centre it, which, of course, doesn't change it.

Also, in a partially open window (870 pixels wide), the 213 pixel-high red banner is not designed to show the left side of the banner, but instead reads:

.ca?
key to Canada,
he world.

Is this not website design 101?

I'm surprised they didn't add this nice trailing cursor into the design
http://www.angelfire.com/art/CountryGirl/TrailingCursor.html

Probably paid a brother in law over $50 000 for it.

That's what I thought, although I thought more of someone at CIRA who has a daughter or grand-daughter in junior high.

Why .ca indeed?
If we can take a functional website design and turn it into something like this with our budget, surely your business can too.

Last edited:

6sons

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Trust me, I hear you. The shortcut is bare minimum for hanging onto some of my hair. As for the length of the page they could improve the it very simply by eliminating the useless wide red bar. For now the back button gets you to the starting point at least with one click instead of scrolling back up the mountain.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After looking at the site again, and doing a whois check, I see the points above. Hopefully they are reading this and can make these changes, they aren't that huge - make a left border, push the content higher on the page, etc.

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the only one really happy with the site is whomever received a cheque for the "awesome redesign of your site". Loads like crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom