Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New criteria for VIP account rep at GoDaddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have added to my holdings and spend at GoDaddy the past year, so was surprised to see my little VIP icon go away. Anyone else seen this happen or know what the new criteria is? An email explanation from the account rep would have been nice.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my account rep actually did call me before the change...and I did get an email from my new rep once the change took place.

Not sure how it all works yet.. but I think there are like 3 levels or something now.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Don't feel bad, not even Elliot Silver kept his VIP status.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
there are 3 levels, silver, gold and platinum. i think the lowest level, silver you need to spend at least 2k a year. the highest level, platinum, you need to spend 18k a year.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tought there were three levels too, Silver, Gold and Platinum and I must've read somewhere they planned to do that at first. But they settled for just two, Platinum (you need to spend $18K/yr) and Gold ($4K/y), minimum number of names is around 250 (I had just started a thread on this on the Platinum Lounge before I saw this one)

So it looks like the number of names alone won't get you into Premier, you actually need to spend serious money. And I wish it was just $2K/yr to qualify for Gold but I don't think they'll take only that. The reverse might work, though, ie people who spend at least $4K/yr but have less than 250 names would probably get into Gold.... :rolleyes: so anyone who qualifies for Premier most likely uses GD as their only registrar, and that's probably what GoDaddy intended with this change

there are 3 levels, silver, gold and platinum. i think the lowest level, silver you need to spend at least 2k a year. the highest level, platinum, you need to spend 18k a year.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good info, thanks. I have over 300 there right now and keep consolidating most there anyway, so will probably be back to Gold shortly. Not that I ever used the VIP rep for anything, but nice to know they were there in case I had issues.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The hours for Premier (both Gold and Platinum) have just been drastically reduced, they'll close at 7:30P AZ time (M-Su) from now on (AZ doesn't follow Daylight Savings so for those 8 months of the year they're actually the same as PDT) So if you're in England doing domain biz at 3 AM (your time) you're outta luck. Next day when you get up, you still can't. Not until 1 PM your time. And it's one hour later for Germany and CET. Not to mention Asia and the Aussie guys. What's the point of having a dept which basically opens during business hours in the US and Canada ? That limits the East Coast in the US to 10:30p for 8 months of the year, and to 9:30p the other 4 months. Central Time zones fare even worse as that unit closes even earlier in the evening, their own time and it's really bad for Mountain and Pacific. You'll get General Support by phone and if you need to talk to Premier you have to wait til the next day.

I wish all those savings for closing so early and paying fewer Premier rep hours would translate into savings for good Go Daddy customers at some point...

Last edited:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The hours for Premier (both Gold and Platinum) have just been drastically reduced, they'll close at 7:30P AZ time (M-Sun) from now on (and AZ doesn't follow Daylight Savings so for those 8 mos of the year they're actually the same as PDT) So if you're in England doing domain biz at 1 AM (your time) you're outta luck. Not to mention Asia and any Aussie guys. What's the point of having a dept which basically opens during business hours in the US and Canada ? That limits the East Coast in the US to 10:30p for 8 mos of the yr and to 9:30p the other 4 mos. Central Time zones don't fare much better either. You'll get General Support by phone and if you need to talk to Premier you have to wait til the next day...

I wish all those savings for closing so early and paying fewer Premier rep hrs would translate into savings for Go Daddy customers at some point...
reducing the support hours for what are their best customers is pretty short sighted.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am still platinum but who knows how long that will last.

Adam Dicker

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Go Daddy is really something else then, Adam. Not provide life tenure as Platinum, their top tier now, for someone who was actually a VP there ? Gee, I knew they were cheap but this is too much, how quickly they forget ! lol.... it wasn't that long ago that you left

But back on subject, for users who may not know, technically it's $4K/yr you need to spend to keep Gold alive (and $18K/yr for Platinum, and that is a lot) Apparently they won't include .info names towards this calculation, and I'm still not clear about this but I think they take Domain Discount Club, fees for Premium Listings, GD Hosting plans and other extra fees into account, as well as the money your account leaves them when you buy/sell in GD Auctions, 10% on a sale isn't shabby, and for sales $1K and above they split a healthy 7% commission with Escrow.com

Ever since good old Bob relinquished the reins to a private equity act I knew they'd be rapacious in how they ran things, many reps, especially in the old Executive section were let go, a couple were some of the most popular, mentioned here often. Bob is still Chairman of the Board, though, so he's still free to fire and replace those private equity guys....but I think he's havin too much fun as a billionaire, chasing all those hot chicks

I am still platinum but who knows how long that will last. Adam Dicker

Last edited:

has2hands

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is email I received.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to reach you today with important news about a change in operational hours for the Premier Services Department. As your representative, I want to be sure you are updated with these changes so we can maximize our time spent on working with your account.

Starting on Monday April 22, 2013, the Premier Services Department will change to the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 6am to 7:30pm (AZ Time)
Saturday and Sunday: 8am to 7:30pm (AZ Time)

The reason for this change is to align our services with the typical business hours for the majority of clients that we work with on a daily basis. This will allow us to staff our department in such a way that opens up time for me to contact you and work on what is most important for you and your business with us.

Please review my hours below so you can make any updates for you and your staff to reach me at the times I will be directly available to you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me so we can discuss and make any concerns you have as we move forward.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In any case I'm always leery about getting problems resolved by some rep over the phone or being told anything definitive that way, I'm often told later there's no record of that, or that such thing did not take place during that conversation, so unless I knew the Premier rep as a reputable guy I'd have a few qualms about doing phone for serious matters, you should always report problems in writing, and with Yo Daddy you'll need it later....

GoDaddyGuy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

The service hours posted by has2hands are correct. I'd like to clarify, though, that the decision to make this change wasn't a hasty one. It was based on feedback received directly from our customers with the intention of making us more effective during the time we are available. You see, although there are fewer overall "open hours", we're now able to better assist during those key hours.

Of course, our 24/7 Support staff is here to help with any concerns that fall outside of Premier Services' schedule, and we’ll continue to monitor feedback about the change to ensure we provide the best possible service levels. As always, we thank you for choosing Go Daddy.

Here is email I received.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to reach you today with important news about a change in operational hours for the Premier Services Department. As your representative, I want to be sure you are updated with these changes so we can maximize our time spent on working with your account.

Starting on Monday April 22, 2013, the Premier Services Department will change to the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 6am to 7:30pm (AZ Time)
Saturday and Sunday: 8am to 7:30pm (AZ Time)

The reason for this change is to align our services with the typical business hours for the majority of clients that we work with on a daily basis. This will allow us to staff our department in such a way that opens up time for me to contact you and work on what is most important for you and your business with us.

Please review my hours below so you can make any updates for you and your staff to reach me at the times I will be directly available to you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me so we can discuss and make any concerns you have as we move forward.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still, it's a bold move. I know big domainers in CA and the upper West Coast, including Canada (Vancouver) If one of them calls Premier in December at 7 pm their time Premier is closed, and that's if they call M-F. I am told you open @ 6 AM AZ time which is better but a megaclient in LA or Seattle is being told "no domaining after dinnertime" as far as Premier goes. This is 2013, guys, there's no "around business hours" anymore especially with domaining being truly global. Did GD ever hear the expression "It's always cocktail hour somewhere" ? 2 AM may sound late for most guys in US/Canada but it's the middle of the afternoon in HK or AU. I don't mean to stress this much at all since GD has taught us you do not conduct serious domain business by phone, like get an approval or an answer to a crucial question since later no one will own up to it. So phone is not my 1st choice

But let me give you an example from my prospective. Not long ago on a Fri eve I called because your pymt page was telling me I had no pymt method on record w/GD when I had like 3 different ones all of which I had used recently. It was the last day to renew a name before you started penalizing customers with that $80 redemption fee you slap people with if they don't renew w/in 17 days of exp. After trying many times/using different browsers I had to call Support, the guy said he couldn't process my pymt because I had an acct manager and he wasn't there (that was the old system before Premier) Not until Tue he said, since that Mon was a holiday. Four days later. After telling him I was already at the pymt stage and all he had to do was literally press "Submit" for me, he went to a supervisor who agreed w/him I had to wait until Tue (??)....

I emailed both Support and Auctions hoping someone would assist me and I expressly said I authorized them to use ANY cc and both answered I had to wait for my manager on Tue, 4 days later. I still have those 2 emails and guy's name in Support. Some supervisors you have there Friday evenings !..... as inept as the reps they oversee. I decided not to give in paying the redemption fee since GD has the sorriest reimbursement record, so I asked a buddy to bid on it for me at auction, since you send all those names to aftermarket when customers don't renew or redeem quickly. And while it was still cheaper to get it back thru Auctions than paying that $80, to this date I have not been refunded for what it cost me to get it in Auctions. I am on record in 3 different instances with 3 different reps, and a supervisor, intending to renew within 17 days of expiration, so if this is not a clear example of Go Daddy being at fault and what causes so many of your customers to be so pissed at GD, then I don't know what is. Get my point....? Even for those of us wise enough not to use Support by phone your changes still have an effect....
:undecided:

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

The service hours posted by has2hands are correct. I'd like to clarify, though, that the decision to make this change wasn't a hasty one. It was based on feedback received directly from our customers with the intention of making us more effective during the time we are available. You see, although there are fewer overall "open hours", we're now able to better assist during those key hours.

Of course, our 24/7 Support staff is here to help with any concerns that fall outside of Premier Services' schedule, and we’ll continue to monitor feedback about the change to ensure we provide the best possible service levels. As always, we thank you for choosing Go Daddy.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
angel, apparently you never worked for a corporate entity, the Friday afternoon parties are very much a reality to keep the corporate morale going :D Pretty much, after 3pm on a Friday you'd be lucky to have anything resolved, and I'm not talking about Banks that end their active day at 2pm.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
angel, apparently you never worked for a corporate entity, the Friday afternoon parties are very much a reality to keep the corporate morale going :D Pretty much, after 3pm on a Friday you'd be lucky to have anything resolved, and I'm not talking about Banks that end their active day at 2pm.

and you can usually see the godaddy girls 24/7 somewhere on the website so really whats the bid deal... :pound:

luster

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How do you know what level you are?

I was moved to VIP after my first phone call during graveyard after the person on the other end of the line convinced me to move over to them.

So since then I have been a premier customer.

Is there any additional benefits aside from having someone manage the day to days of your account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom