Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New DN Journal Cover: Spreading the News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain forums, blogs, publications, podcasts and video productions have provided the tools that have helped many newcomers learn about and flourish in this business. Domain media has also been a catalyst for economic growth in the industry at large. This key sector gets its turn in the spotlight in a new DN Journal Cover Story:
http://www.dnjournal.com/cover/2009/august.htm

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Well-written resource article, Ron.

For historical accuracy purposes, DomainGator.com was the #2 domain forum after DNForum, preceding both DomainState and NamePros. Not to be confused with DNGator.com - the now sold domain news aggregator purchased earlier this year by Domaining.com

In our industry we are blessed to have had quite a few important applications developed in the the past few years that ensure domainers stay on top of new trends and events. The idea is to remember the past but to also define a future that steps outside our comfort zone, offering new challenges and new alliances.

...to boldly go where no domainer has gone before! :D

Last edited:

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well-written resource article, Ron.

For historical accuracy purposes, DomainGator.com was the #2 domain forum after DNForum, preceding both DomainState and NamePros. Not to be confused with DNGator.com - the now sold domain news aggregator purchased earlier this year by Domaining.com

In our industry we are blessed to have had quite a few important applications developed in the the past few years that ensure domainers stay on top of new trends and events. The idea is to remember the past but to also define a future that steps outside our comfort zone, offering new challenges and new alliances.

...to boldly go where no domainer has gone before! :D

I remember DomainGator.com. As you may recall I liked your Indiana Jones forum theme so much I used it myself on a short-lived local forum I did about the Tampa Bay area. Apparently no one was on the web in Tampa back then because imy site flopped miserably :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Perhaps I should re-enable the now spam-ridden forum to read again the "junk" we posted back then - just like a time capsule :D

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I should re-enable the now spam-ridden forum to read again the "junk" we posted back then - just like a time capsule :D

How much would it cost to get you to forget that idea - it could be very embarassing :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's great that you've kept DNJournal going through the years (remember that hacker once?) - it's a great resource of domainer information and nostalgia. Not to mention the embarrassing pictures of domainers :D

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's great that you've kept DNJournal going through the years (remember that hacker once?) - it's a great resource of domainer information and nostalgia. Not to mention the embarrassing pictures of domainers :D

I do remember. They caught me driving from Florida to Philadelphia to take my daughter to college for her freshman year at Penn. Didn't find out about it til I got to Philly. I dont know what was the bigger shock - the hacking or my daughter's tuition bill. :)

broe-foe

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Same stuff, regurgitated for the umpteenth time. Same characters getting the usual grease job at what's become the domainers' puff-piece weekly. But then again, Dnjournal's owner has a large portfolio, and the published truth about some of the shady characters in the domain business might hurt the value of that portfolio.

For example, Dnjournal mentions the ownership evolution of dnforum.com, without mentioning the ethically-challenged ownership preying on clueless dupes at TDNAM auction(s). Thanks for looking out for the "newbies" Ron. What? The shady characters won't allow you to have your own thread at their respective forums if you call them on their crap?

The domain "media" referred to is little more than a save-my-ass hype machine, something along the lines of, "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine."

Need another tissue Ron?

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have very narrow views, lighten up.

Ron can post whatever he likes, start your own shady gossip blog if you're so concerned.

broe-foe

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You have very narrow views, lighten up.

Ron can post whatever he likes, start your own shady gossip blog if you're so concerned.

1) You know little of my views.
2) You're right, Ron can (and does) post whatever he likes here and in other forums. That's why it's so odd that he leaves out news-worthy facts about those individuals whom reap praise from him at DNJournal.
3) Shady gossip blog? My writings include facts, not gossip.

You go lighten yourself up, take a chill pill, mellow out, and every other cliche fix you can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom