Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New DN Journal Sales Report: .de Leads the Top 20, .US Makes 2nd Straight Appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DN Journal’s new weekly domain sales report is out and ccTLDs turned in another strong showing, taking the top spot on our latest all extension leader board and six of the 20 positions overall. For the second week in a row, America’s .US ccTLD landed a domain among the highest sales. Only one non .com gTLD make the Big Board and in a bit of a surprise that was a .info instead of one of the usual suspects (.net and .org). All of the details are here:
http://dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
EZmoney.com is a bit overpriced.

Why this price?

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing is "overpriced" in the name business. I can't find any Blue Book for used names?

That's what make this business more interesting.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Deal of the week IMO:

Bodybuilding.info $13,500

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I always love these reports but have to say it kills me when I see a name I dropped back in the day sell for $31,555. The $35 Register.com renewals seemed like a lot back then. Oh well - coulda, shoulda, woulda :)

Soofi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I always love these reports but have to say it kills me when I see a name I dropped back in the day sell for $31,555. The $35 Register.com renewals seemed like a lot back then. Oh well - coulda, shoulda, woulda :)

DegreePrograms.com you mean?? lol that's harshhhh

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

No joke, less visibility, higher reg fees, few if any parking options, less cash etc...all made it harder to renew some names back in the day.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That was the big domain drop of 1999-2001. As lots of start-ups vanished and domain portfolio holders dropped their assets, these domains were snapped up by those who had the technical means of registering them the moment they became available. However, lots remained unregistered for at least a couple more years. The last time good names were still available "in the wild" was probably 2003.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DegreePrograms.com you mean?? lol that's harshhhh

I knew nothing about stats, parking or development when I started in '99. I just registered names that sounded good. I offered it on some forum and eBay for a few hundred bucks in '02 or '03, I can't remember exactly, and had no interest. $35 dollar renewals hit me hard. Don't get me wrong, I did have a few xx,xxx sales, but they were based on brand not traffic and I spent the money on real world rather than web assets. Live and learn...

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Ron.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the report Ron!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom