Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New DNS and new contact info not in effect after 28-hrs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I changed dns on an eNom name I just purchased repeatedly for the last 28 hrs and it still fails to resolve on the web. In addition, I changed the contact details too but only at enom was it changed as when you do 3rd party whois it never changed :?:

Frustrating since I made a temp web page so quickly about 2 hrs after the name was in my enom acct but here it is 28 hrs later and not working. Anyone else have this happen with enom (btw, that is the only name I have with enom partly because of past difficulties I had with eNom and poor supt).

In my experience, it is very rapid or near instant at other registrars I have used.

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I bought a couple of names at enom, changed the whois to mine and it doesn't show up in a whois search.

The changes are reflected in enom's internal whois but not in the registry. The problem must be related to enom's communicating the info to the registry.

chillking

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
enom sucks i had a name with them i recently purchased i wanted to transfer it to godaddy the expire date was 58 days left it would not let me transfer it because you need 60 days pluss . So i'll renew it for a year $30 per year i tryed to renew it but it said a minimum of 2 years $60 .

So basically it cost me about $67 to transfer 1 .com name
enom are a joke .

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
enom sucks i had a name with them i recently purchased i wanted to transfer it to godaddy the expire date was 58 days left it would not let me transfer it because you need 60 days pluss . So i'll renew it for a year $30 per year i tryed to renew it but it said a minimum of 2 years $60 .

So basically it cost me about $67 to transfer 1 .com name
enom are a joke .

It's crazy!

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i actually had to call them and talk to support for about 30 minutes to get it fixed. The guy at first tried to somehow say it was a result of something i failed to do, then said he would have to talk to engineer and call me back. A few minutes later and poof! the whois was finally updated, though he never called me back. Then I bought another name lthis morning....and it's the same problem...so i will most likely have to call them again! i would urge everyone having this problem to call them so they will get the message...or possibly get it.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After a number of enom supt tickets and phone calls the dns and whois finally changed after 6-days and the name resolves today. They blamed it for the name mysteriously being on Registrar Hold for unknown reason (not due to expiraton etc) which they said prevented any changes being made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom