Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New domain seller software/script

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImageFuel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I just thought I would ask and see what everyone thought about this. I know alot of you use domainsellerpro. Would anyone be interested in a newer, better, cheaper script? I was going to make one with alot more features and offer it cheaper but didnt know if anyone still even wants that type of script becuase of domainsellerpro.

Thanks.

Andrew

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i use my own custom script however i personally don't see a reason for another script

at $75 it's pretty affordable and it does most of what I can think of a script like that needs.

- nt

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While DSP is a great script & serves most purposes I've gotta disagree with NameTower.

There's always room for competition, competition is what makes products better.

Would be interesting to see what you could come up with.

Couple thiings I think would be good additions to DSP... (meaning u should add them in your script)..

Easy customizable - I've had a quick look at DSP & it seems rather hard to customize to a different look. Sure, you can do it, but I would prefer not to spend too much time working it out as I don't make that many sales off my site, I make more sales contacting end-users myself.

With DSP I get WAY too many bogus offers.. I would like to see an option where theuser has to register & verify their email address (just like on forums) before they can place a offer.

Just my thoughts.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cyphix
While DSP is a great script & serves most purposes I've gotta disagree with NameTower.

There's always room for competition, competition is what makes products better.

Would be interesting to see what you could come up with.

Couple thiings I think would be good additions to DSP... (meaning u should add them in your script)..

Easy customizable - I've had a quick look at DSP & it seems rather hard to customize to a different look. Sure, you can do it, but I would prefer not to spend too much time working it out as I don't make that many sales off my site, I make more sales contacting end-users myself.

With DSP I get WAY too many bogus offers.. I would like to see an option where theuser has to register & verify their email address (just like on forums) before they can place a offer.

Just my thoughts.

Agree with those observations.

ImageFuel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

I could maybe add something like this in. Its hard to think of a way how to though. I wouldnt want to make people actually register to your site, that just seems kind of dumb. Maybe have them fill out the form, then it gets emailed to them, in order for it to be emailed to you, they have to click a verification link in the email they recieve. Maybe I could do something like that.

Also, yes. One of the main features will be easy customozation. I may even include a bundle of premade 'skins'.

Keep the ideas coming, they are helping :).

Thanks.

Andrew

ImageFuel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by actnow
ImageFuel,
There are a number of things that I can think of, that would improve DSP.

What kind of features do you think need to be added to DSP?

What do I think? I have a bundle of ideas, I cant release them all, I will spoil the surprise!

If you want to shoot the list over to me I would appriciate it.

Thanks.

Andrew

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any news on this? :-D

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm working on a solution too, though it may still be a while. It's a plug-in for DomainFolio. I'm connecting with another programmer to hopefully bring Folio's development to its first close. Currently the script (that will become a plug-in) is aimed at having that feature... namely, allowing people to choose whether "bidders" need to register or NOT before making a bid, or tracking price changes on names they're interested in, similar to PerfectName's interface. Anyway, wanted to mention it.

Regarding customizeability, it will support templates. Not sure if that is already what DSP does. Currently it is using patTemplate, but will be moving to Smarty (easy HTML-based template system).

ImageFuel, good luck with your script too. Even if you're starting now, you'll probably have no problem beating me to market at the rate I've been going. :)

~ Nexus

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameTower

at $75 it's pretty affordable and it does most of what I can think of a script like that needs.

- nt

Yet you push for 1/3 of the price?

SONICdomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ImageFuel said:
I could maybe add something like this in. Its hard to think of a way how to though. I wouldnt want to make people actually register to your site, that just seems kind of dumb. Maybe have them fill out the form, then it gets emailed to them, in order for it to be emailed to you, they have to click a verification link in the email they recieve. Maybe I could do something like that.

Also, yes. One of the main features will be easy customozation. I may even include a bundle of premade 'skins'.

Keep the ideas coming, they are helping :).

Thanks.

Andrew

Same here. I wish RJ would continue development. I would pay good $$ for an updated version

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom