Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

Ervin

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Username is a required field? What will happen if I accidentally key in wrong username for buyer?

ebatcave

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally I think it's better, similar to other registrars. Looks like you don't have to obtain all the contact information anymore to push the domain. I think Godaddy did it because of the flack their getting with their 60 day hold rule though.

Ervin

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good thing is we no need to fill in so many information. Just fill in username and email is so much easier.

domaingirl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good thing is we no need to fill in so many information. Just fill in username and email is so much easier.

So you have to give the account username and email address to the person you are transferring the domain to? By username, they mean login name? I'm pretty sure that's what godaddy calls it.

Last edited:

AustinWeb

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes at Godaddy you have an account number AND you can setup a Login Name for your account. They had to make a change because people were not bright enough to enter the correct information for the new registrant. This also makes for a more accurate match with existing accounts.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Yes, but keep in mind that this now means giving out your *username* or *account number* now. So basically, you are giving out half your login information to people now, whereas they never saw that before. Potentially dangerous imho.

The bottom line, especially now, is make sure you have a really good password on your account!

Ervin

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
true, make sure we set it with super strong password.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, but keep in mind that this now means giving out your *username* or *account number* now. So basically, you are giving out half your login information to people now, whereas they never saw that before. Potentially dangerous imho.

The bottom line, especially now, is make sure you have a really good password on your account!

It is not a big deal. You give the same information to push with other registrars.

I think it is a good improvement.

The only confusing thing is they send an email saying the name has been canceled from your accountt after the new owner received the name.

They should rephrase 'the name has been transferred" to avoid confusion.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
true, make sure we set it with super strong password.

Yup. And hopefully (Adam?) they have something in place to prevent dictionary attacks (snort or something similar). Or perhaps at least require a capcha, or another security question after it makes it through the first password. And please not one of those things that expects me to remember my mother's friend's dog's place and date of birth and school they graduated from. Just thoughts..

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
GoDaddy is the best registrar to transfer domains away from :D

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very good improvement, you shouldn't have to enter all their contact details when you push a domain name, its already contained in their account information which can be filled in with their username and email

domaingirl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've done 3 transactions since the change and I've noticed that now a step is missing. You don't get an email anymore with the transaction and security codes that need to be forwarded to the new registrant.

Didn't they previously have that step when you did an "Account Change?"

They need to put that step back.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great Improvement much better push process than the old one , but i have transfered almost all of my domains from GD to moniker , only one or 2 are left at GD

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've done 3 transactions since the change and I've noticed that now a step is missing. You don't get an email anymore with the transaction and security codes that need to be forwarded to the new registrant.

Didn't they previously have that step when you did an "Account Change?"

They need to put that step back.

Not when you pushed it, no. Only when doing a transfer out, or in.

Now the new registrant needs to go to their account, then go to pending account changes, then choose "quick accept" . No auth codes needed.

domaingirl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not when you pushed it, no. Only when doing a transfer out, or in.

Now the new registrant needs to go to their account, then go to pending account changes, then choose "quick accept" . No auth codes needed.

Thanks for clarifying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom