Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

new (dot) pk registrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would computer.pk or software.pk be worth anything? Would it be possible to get type in traffic from them? I was curious because of english words mixing with ccTLD's doesn't seem like the best combo.

Domain Days 2024

rmacdon

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have .pk which gets a few type ins each day and just registered .pk which has a few type ins in 2 days. I believe the national language (not the most common language) is English and the population is something like 170 million with a fast growing Internet population. I registered 15 single word generics. Who knows - time will tell.
Rob

domainstrike

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just registered a name too.... but how do I edit/manage my new .PK name ??? On the site it says "online management not available for .PK names".....so how do I set the nameservers ??/ What did you guys do ?? Thanks!

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
domainstrike,

I just set the name servers when I purchased my .pk domains. I would like to know the answer to your question as well.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think you all are risking to lose those names registering .pk at $36

Nic PK rules state that for non residents a domain name has to be paid for $48 /2 years on their website which allow any change of settings.

From the PKNIC website:

PAYMENT: For domain registrant based in Pakistan, a domain fee of Rs 1000 (or alternate fee schedule of US $18 for credit card payment) per year will be charged for name.pk domains. For domain registrant or their registrar located outside Pakistan, a fee of $24 per domain per year is charged. The fee is charged on a biennial basis (two year period) and can be paid up to a maximum of ten years. Payment can be made online by credit card, or by sending a bank draft or cheques to PKNIC locations.

And to understand what kind of risk you are taking to save few bucks read this, which is from PAKNIC:

Disclaimer: Successful submission of the domain application does NOT indicate that the domain form submission is valid, until it is reviewed by the processing software and/or by human review. According to PKNIC policies, all .PK domain names will/could be reviewed by the registry within 30 days after registration and registry reserves the right to deny any domain name within 30 days period.

In substance whoever is regging them at $36 and does not reside in Pakistan is running the risk to have names deleted within a month.
If I was you, I was writing PKNIC, the registry in a rus asking what to do.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PapaStiz said:
https://www.paknic.com/legal/domain_policy.php?op=pk

"6. There is no requirement for the domain registrant to have any local presence and no Admin contact needs to be present in Pakistan"

that is referred to the fact that anyone can own .pk dn but the issue I`m talking about is the different reg fee for non residents....is not clear enought?

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ah yes I see. I understand now what you are saying. I think what the guy is doing...buying the domains from within PK and then reselling to others. That is how he may be getting around the fees. Just a thought. ??

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the Registrant in this case will be still the last Registrant......I think people should read the disclaimer and the PK NIC policy.
I did, am I stupid ?

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PakNic can send me a bill for the difference if this becomes an issue.

I am not too concerned.

Just my two cents.

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah, i just bought 2 myself. I dont think it will be a concern either.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good luck to you, I prefer to pay $48 and do not lose them

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom