Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New DVD Format coming out soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There as been plenty of talk about the new dvd format coming out and I need some opinions on it. What do you think the name will be? Blu-ray, AOD (advanced optical disc) or just HD-DVD(high definition dvd).

I think it will be HD-DVD. I registered hd-dvdplayers.com and
hd-dvdrecorders.com

Please let me know what your thoughts are. Either way no matter what the name is the technology is definitley going into production. They are allowing licensing for the blu-ray technology already but dvdforum has not come up with the official format.

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It sound's like they're going to use the TM blu-ray for it.

Lord Baltimore

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The problem with the new format is the industry is still successfully selling the analog VHS tapes. That slows down the inevitable march to the new standard. That in turn invites something new to creep along to totally disrupt things.

Then there's the problem of what I consider to be low-traffic for domains that pertain to new entertainment technology. I'm trying to sell high definition TVs and there isn't much demand for that, particularly during Bush's recession.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by eddie1278
I think it will be HD-DVD

for my two cents, HD-DVD is too long to remain a stable acronym or nickname for a new technology... I would think four-letter acronym or three-syllable nickname max...

best wishes

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DVD will be around for a long time. Unless the new format can be played in todays DVD players.

RMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom