Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NEW FORUM: Domains for Sale (Domain Sales) - Premium Domains (Above $1,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Be impossible to manage because i see domains i would not give $200 for sell for low thousands and that's the problem with a thread like this.

cee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are no premium domains in the $1000 range and if we raised it to $10,000, everyone would list their crap domains in there thinking they are worth 10k when they probably aren't worth $1000.

Nobody has time to valuate all the domains placed in there before the thread gets approved.

Sorry, this idea is not a good one.

Adam

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why? I do not have the time to look through tens or hundreds of posts each day in hopes of finding a great domain name. I am not interested in finding the best deal -- I'm interested in finding the best domain that fits my projects. I much rather look through 100 threads of the best domains that are for sale on DNF, rather than 100 threads to discover one $2,500 domain.

Every 4 letter .com would fit this category and thus clog it up with crap, I know as I have sold many 4 letter .com domains all over $1000.

Adam

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would not work even if Mods had time to review. How can they tell they are premiums based on when you look at the weekly DNJournal data it sometimes seems the vast majority of names sold for far more than expected. In fact, many of the names sold at premium prices would likely not sell at all here even for under $100 or get reg fee appraisals.

Over the years I have seen 1000s of names sell for 4 or 5 figures which looked like little more than reg fee names. That's because it's mostly a numbers game and heavily involving luck if a domain sells and its price and not necessarily based on keyword value, perceived value or stats.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We could however add a category for 1 word dictionary generics, that would be an area I would be interested in and would check often.

Adam

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would love to see this forum on DNF: Domains for Sale (Domain Sales) - Premium Domains (Above $1,000). DNF would be far more useful to me if this forum existed. I would be happy to pay a larger membership fee to access such a forum.

Why? I do not have the time to look through tens or hundreds of posts each day in hopes of finding a great domain name. I am not interested in finding the best deal -- I'm interested in finding the best domain that fits my projects. I much rather look through 100 threads of the best domains that are for sale on DNF, rather than 100 threads to discover one $2,500 domain.

How? I believe this forum's criteria should be enforced. Valuations are subjective to a degree, but if we see CrazyCoolDomain.com (available at the time of this post) appearing in this forum as worth $1,000 or more, the thread should be deleted by an admin.

Who? I think this forum will be small enough that it can encompass both people seeking offers (starting at $1,000 or more) and people selling fixed price domains (listed at $1,000 or more).

Rules? Every domain must be worth at least $1,000 to appear in this forum -- within a reasonable leniency for subjectivity. If several domains are combined into a bulk/package deal in a single thread, then each individual domain must cost at least $1,000, e.g., A thread listing domain1.com, domain2.com, and domain3.com for sale must have a starting offer of at least $3,000 or a fixed price of at least $3,000.

I've wanted this type of forum to exist on DNF for years, and I'm finally taking the time to suggest it.

I'd love to hear any thoughts from other DNF members about this new forum suggestion.

the biggest problem with the concept, is the subjectivity of the word "Premium", as it would apply to a domain name.
along with the "pending" status prior to approval by an "Administrator".

thus, the "Administrator" would become the appraiser and what they consider "Premium" would be based on their knowledge/experience, not yours.

the other non-issues which occur all the time, is when a domain is valued @ $1k or higher, even by the lowest of "reseller marketplace" standards....and potential buyers will still offer less in an attempt to get a bargain.

still, to address your willingness
I would be happy to pay a larger membership fee to access such a forum.

the "Exclusive" section at DNF was created with the notion that those who were willing to pay more, would also have the benefit of buying and selling 'higher quality' domain names within that section, along with the other benefits that membership level offers.

on occassion, the model works.

imo...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom