Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New forum necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
IMO we need a forum for the selling of domains "on auction" - separate from the regular sales.

Auctions that start at a buck etc easily capitalize the top spots in the Sales forum several times over and within minutes. I think that's unfair to the regular sellers.

Upvote 0

Matt Wade

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Second that motion...

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Awesome idea maybe make like a bargain sales area for both auctions and set priced sales. Make it for names only $50 and under. People looking for bargains->bargain sales and people looking for better names-> domains for sale maybe even make a high end sales too
bargain-$50 and under
regular names- $50- $250
high end- $250- up

It would be so much easier to find exact name ay what price range your looking to spend. No need to weed through a list of 4$ speicals when your looking for names of higher quality.

Just my opinion.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think that's splitting the impact of sales into too many chunks; a lot of names with potential might be overlooked because of their low or high price. Plus how do you move across forums if the price changed? Chaos.

The main 'problem' here is caused by auctions that keep pushing regular sales off the chart, with their low starting price and consecutive dollar increases. One of them this morning continued the nonsensical exchange of back-patting etc long after the offer was withdrawn. :eek:

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
there is definitly a need for set priced bargain names. Way to many $4,5,6 ect. names out there. In my opinion if you keep selling names for that amount you should find another venture how are you making a profit? We all register bad names every now and then but if you keep having to dump names off at $4 then it clogs up the thread for people who want to make a profit. Its like going to a Mercedes Benz dealership and finding Fords mixed in the lot.lol It might not be good also because people sell names for like $10 or $20 and make money and if they were in the bargain area it would get less exposure. Well its a thought i tried,lol

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by timechange.com
IMO we need a forum for the selling of domains "on auction" - separate from the regular sales.

Funny you should mention ..... that's all I can say for now. Stay tuned :)

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains

Funny you should mention ..... that's all I can say for now. Stay tuned :)

W :eek: W ... perhaps something "in the works" here?!?! :D

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Anything more specific? I have nothing against auctions per se, however in the past 2 weeks they seem to capitalize plenty of top space in the Sales forum. Usually these domains sell for under $15 while good names remain unsold. I am raising a red flag here - more later.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Uh oh ... the RED FLAG!?! :eek:
Hang on folks, TC's on a mission from God. :D
Yikes!

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry but the sales forum is going downhill. All I see is $1 rotating auctions and I am getting mighty pissed.

Come on over at DomainGator.com - such shit gets deleted.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
LOL even GiantDomains has to bump his posts in less than 4 hours to jump over the minefield of rotating $1 auctions :D

This is getting insane.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree. If someone wants to auction their names they should place it in the weekly auction rather than the FOR SALE thread.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zoobar
I agree. If someone wants to auction their names they should place it in the weekly auction rather than the FOR SALE thread.

Only problem with that, Zoob ... if you're referring to the Sunday night weekly auction ... is that folks have lost confidence in that auction. Therein lies the problem. And that's why the Sales threads are now inundated. The scales are all tipped in favor of the Sales threads. :eek:
My hope is that management will work to address and improve the Sunday night weekly auction and restore faith in it. Doing so with listening to suggestions, promotion, and a better physical platform.
I hope I read you correctly, otherwise this may seem redundant. I say redundant. :)
Take care.

NameCaster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry but the sales forum is going downhill. All I see is $1 rotating auctions and I am getting mighty pissed.

Come on over at DomainGator.com - such shit gets deleted.

I understand your frustration Theo but deleting the threads isn't the answer.
How long does it take to get a canned script and implement an auction section? About an hour or two for me.

Anyway, its not the DNF users fault. We're just working with the dull tools we have.

Sales and auctions should be separate. I've requested this a dozen times. But until it happens...we'll all have to suffer the consequences.

Originally posted by Zoobar

Who in there right mind would use that nowadays :eek:

This place needs constant activity and I think a 24/7 auction would bring that. I liked the sunday night auctions they were a blast but they don't work for everyone.
I'm not saying eliminate the weekly auctions I just want to see some sales!

I've said this time and time again. vBulletin is a forum script. Its not made for selling domains or anything else for that matter.

Cheers!

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I honestly think the best solution is to

1. Have a separate auction forum (not for DNF$)
2. Have regular auctions twice a week, every Wednesday and Sunday

Oh look, someone now started a "reverse auction". :eek:

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I hate to say this but we are before the gates of a crash. Before membership it was open market, sales occured left and right and prices were kept decent. Greg closed the doors to fresh blood; I've seen more defectors to other forums that bitch about the $50 Platinum fee. There is misinformation galore about how DNF functions. I'm not ashamed to say that I bought domains in the past few days at decent prices ($50 and above) just to stimulate the internal commerce. In the past month it seems as if we're card collectors trading cards in an endless circle. I've only listed about 5% of my domains and I refuse to let them go for a couple of bucks. I fully understand Beachie's frustration for a high profile .ORG that was listed at $6 (on purpose) and did not sell.

At any rate, I am not saying ban the $1 auctions - just put them all at a separate forum as they interfere severely with the normal functions of the Sales forum.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think many of us agree that change is both necessary and imminent, TC! That's a given. Exactly WHAT those changes will be is, at this time, anyone's guess.
I remain hopeful. :)
Take care.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah but see, I am very tempted to post something at all those $1 auctions. So I'm hanging by a thin thread.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
:eek:

Don't do anything rash, TC! Instead, ask to be put on ... the Committee! :D
See you.

NameCaster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah but see, I am very tempted to post something at all those $1 auctions. So I'm hanging by a thin thread.

Post something like "$1"
That usually does the trick...Oops, sorry I was thinking about the proxy bids in the weekly auction. :laugh:
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom