Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmusch

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! :)

My first post here. Up until now I've only dabbled in the adult biz. Last month I registered my first five 'mainstream' domains. Only recently I found out that you have to wait 2 months before being able to transfer them, is that correct? I'm really impatient, can't wait to put them for sale and see how they do.

I try to remind myself that the domains are aging and maturing like a fine wine, but it doesn't help much. :-D

Greetings!

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome!!! :party:

No, you don't have to wait to sell, with most registrars, some are changing those terms now though with pushes to accounts as well as registrar transfers. You should be able to sell now, and push to buyers account. However, you are not a Platinum member. :)

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
welcome Jarmush!

Jarmusch

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

I have my domains at directNIC. Anyone of you know if they allow transfer during the 2 month wait period?

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just check their site and you'll probably find it ;-)
better senbd mail

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jarmusch said:
Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

I have my domains at directNIC. Anyone of you know if they allow transfer during the 2 month wait period?

The 2 month period is for transferring to another registrar, that is an ICANN rule. But you can transfer them to another account without any problems.

PM me, if you need any help.

Donny

Jarmusch

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up Donny. I noticed yesterday that NameCheap has a 'push' feature, haven't seen that at DirectNIC but it must be possible. :)

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jarmusch said:
Thanks for clearing that up Donny. I noticed yesterday that NameCheap has a 'push' feature, haven't seen that at DirectNIC but it must be possible. :)

Yeah, we have had that for years. We just charge for the transfer. We are removing the fee with our next upgrade, but if you PM with any as we call them "ownership transfers" I can move them for free.

Donny

meiantse2

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm new here too. I hope this forum would be interesting... looks good so far. Have fun here.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
donsimon said:
The 2 month period is for transferring to another registrar, that is an ICANN rule.

Interesting .... where is that rule recorded by ICANN?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
Interesting .... where is that rule recorded by ICANN?

It's in the ICANN transfer policy. I'll just past all of the text and a link to the full policy as well.

The Registrar of Record may deny a transfer request only in the following specific instances:

Evidence of fraud
UDRP action
Court order by a court of competent jurisdiction
Reasonable dispute over the identity of the Registered Name Holder or Administrative Contact
No payment for previous registration period (including credit card charge-backs) if the domain name is past its expiration date or for previous or current registration periods if the domain name has not yet expired. In all such cases, however, the domain name must be put into "Registrar Hold" status by the Registrar of Record prior to the denial of transfer.
Express written objection to the transfer from the Transfer Contact. (e.g. - email, fax, paper document or other processes by which the Transfer Contact has expressly and voluntarily objected through opt-in means)
A domain name was already in “lock status” provided that the Registrar provides a readily accessible and reasonable means for the Registered Name Holder to remove the lock status.
A domain name is in the first 60 days of an initial registration period.
A domain name is within 60 days (or a lesser period to be determined) after being transferred (apart from being transferred back to the original Registrar in cases where both Registrars so agree and/or where a decision in the dispute resolution process so directs).

You can see the full policy at: http://www.icann.org/transfers/policy-12jul04.htm

Donny

Jarmusch

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Duncan.

And it's possible to push domains within DirectNIC accounts. Quote from their site: "2. Creation date: Domain must be 60 days old to be transferred to another registrar." That's only to another registrar. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom