Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New Method, Lets see if it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I joined linkedin today. I am hoping to sell 3D movie com. So there are many companies on there which converts 2d movies to 3d movies or developing 3d movie technologies. I made a committment to send 6 emails a day to 6 companies. 1 email to 1 company.

I am sending email from admin@3dmovie , so making it official. I have been offered many times 6k to 8k offers on dnf, but want to sell for little high.

So guys wish me luck, I will update this thread everyday :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so did you join, just to spam?

I am not sending emails to domainers who own 3d names. I joined linked to find out about the companies that operate 3d business and sending them inquiry if they like to buy the name.

What do brokers do? do they spam? they also contact legit companies that can use the name to their benefit or help them get more presense since 3dmovie ranks number 1 on google for terms such as 3d movie, 3dmovie, 3dmovies etc and gets 200 visitors per day

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not sending emails to domainers who own 3d names. I joined linked to find out about the companies that operate 3d business and sending them inquiry if they like to buy the name.

What do brokers do? do they spam? they also contact legit companies that can use the name to their benefit or help them get more presense since 3dmovie ranks number 1 on google for terms such as 3d movie, 3dmovie, 3dmovies etc and gets 200 visitors per day

well, the title of thread says "New Method"

so if you are validating this campaign, by associating it with "what do brokers do? and "do they spam?", as if, what you say brokers do as a practice is acceptable....then your actions should be considered in same regard?

if that conclusion is true, then i guess you did. (join to spam)

and therefore it's not really a new method, just a new area to exploit, regardless to whether it's a domainer or not.

cuz the same companies can be found without joining.

now i ain't hating on you personally and i wish you success as a salesperson.

as i, by invitation joined as well recently.

but my reluctance in doing so prior to, is partly due to fear of it's dilution by a swarm of dn hopefuls and their "email to end-user" mentality.

such will happen when you spread news of a big sale.

:)

Good Luck!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How is linkedin a new channel ? Those corporations can be identified and contacted through traditional means.

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well, the title of thread says "New Method"

so if you are validating this campaign, by associating it with "what do brokers do? and "do they spam?", as if, what you say brokers do as a practice is acceptable....then your actions should be considered in same regard?

if that conclusion is true, then i guess you did. (join to spam)

and therefore it's not really a new method, just a new area to exploit, regardless to whether it's a domainer or not.

cuz the same companies can be found without joining.

now i ain't hating on you personally and i wish you success as a salesperson.

as i, by invitation joined as well recently.

but my reluctance in doing so prior to, is partly due to fear of it's dilution by a swarm of dn hopefuls and their "email to end-user" mentality.

such will happen when you spread news of a big sale.

:)

Good Luck!

Very important, take a note!

I am not sending them requests on their linkedin profiles, or sending them messages on their linkedin. All I get from joining is, perform a search on linkedin for 3d firms, and then eventually google the firm and land on their website, and contact them from their contact us form on their site.

How can this be spam on linkedin? I dont understand. If you think it is, I really don't care or agree with your points. But good luck to your way of reaching end users.

If you have any, why wont share some ?

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How is linkedin a new channel ? Those corporations can be identified and contacted through traditional means.

Doing a search on linkedin, and finding out about a company tells you what size is the company by looking at their number of employees. According to domain, it help me evaluate that how big is the company and how to justify my offer. If the company is only one man, they may not want to pay 10k, but they may be comfortable with 2k offer, vice versa, if the corp is medium size, justify offer accordingly.

But if the firm has 10000 employees, I justify my offer and usually do not expect a reply since it may not reach the right person when the company is too big.

So i hope this might answer your question

jstewart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cliffs Notes: Linked in works. It is often much easier to make contact with someone versus traditional measures.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very important, take a note!

I am not sending them requests on their linkedin profiles, or sending them messages on their linkedin. All I get from joining is, perform a search on linkedin for 3d firms, and then eventually google the firm and land on their website, and contact them from their contact us form on their site.

How can this be spam on linkedin? I dont understand. If you think it is, I really don't care or agree with your points. But good luck to your way of reaching end users.

If you have any, why wont share some ?

what you said above, probably should have come in reply to my first comment.

you didn't have to explain, but glad you did

as for me having any end-users, i pretty much wait for buyers to find me

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom