Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New Owner?? Auction down. Refund my fees??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sitehq

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I here hints of new owners, and i see some chnages and i see the auction down.

Couls someone speell out what happenned , and what the "new" owners are all about.

Please be realistic, and dont give me the "heres all the good stuff we are planning, the reason i came to this site is becuase it was the easiest auction i ever participated in...and now for two weeks it hasnt worked..

ok so iam venting.

Page

S

Sammy

I can't speak for any auction prior to yesterday but can tell you the cause of the downtime yesterday was a dns issue. As far as the auction software itself, I agree it seems very simple and may be best to continue to use it. Thanks for the feedback!!

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sitehq
I here hints of new owners, and i see some chnages and i see the auction down.

Couls someone speell out what happenned , and what the "new" owners are all about.

Please be realistic, and dont give me the "heres all the good stuff we are planning, the reason i came to this site is becuase it was the easiest auction i ever participated in...and now for two weeks it hasnt worked..

ok so iam venting.

Page

From what I gather, Gregr sold the forum to a guy called Adam Dicks. He seems to be reasonably savvy as to business but I guess has some catching up to do when it comes to running this board.
The auction was set to go but apparantly due to an error in configuring the DNS on takeover of the site auction.dnforum.com was missed making it impossible to run the auction.
Some have been concerned about the Snaps - these are apparantly available via www.snaps.com which Gregr seems to still own (question here about why not an integral part of DNForum but that will no doubt be answered in course of time).
I guess its fair to say that anyone taking on a new business will have a "settle time", pity that time wasn't taken before the changeover to ensure that all would run smoothly, but that's in the past.
I suggest we give the new owner a little time to get "on track", I guess that if no auction is available within the next 7 days we will all have cause to shout loudly but in the meantime there is little else that we can do if we want to continue having this board available.
Yes I'm peeved too, but maybe a little reasonableness and understanding is required for the moment.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Agree with Mr Webname! :)
Plus, for clarification purposes ... I might have missed this somewhere ... is "nhlrat" same as "DotComGod" same as Adam, new owner?!?
This has been pretty messy here lately ... could the NEW owner please make a definitive statement regarding the takeover and future of DNForum here ... please. We've heard from the previous Admin., albeit briefly ... and I'd really appreciate it spelled out in more detail by the new folk(s).
Thanks.

S

Sammy

I can assure you that myself and DotComGod are not the same person. He is the ugly one ;) As far as aucion downtime, if that's the biggest issue, we can extent memberships for an extra month....that is no problem at all.

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
chill sitehq;)

theres bound to be some teething problems when a site of this size changes hands

up until now auctions have nearly always went ahead as planned - im sure everything will be fine :D

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks, NHLrat! :shy:
Could you please ask the ugly one, DotComGod, to address the State of the transition and DNForum here at his earliest convenience ... and in greater detail?
I think some reassurance would be even better than extending memberships, to be honest. IMHO. Thanks.
PS. If it's any consolation, please tell him that I'm both ugly, and fat. LOL :D :eek:

S

Sammy

Originally posted by CoolHost.com
I think some reassurance would be even better than extending memberships, to be honest. IMHO.

I understand, it just seems that is the biggest issue that users are posting about and wanted to assure you that it would be taken care of. :)

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nhlrat
I understand, it just seems that is the biggest issue that users are posting about and wanted to assure you that it would be taken care of. :)

Thanks, nhlrat ... you seem pretty :cool: !! :swg:
I'll still look for those comments from the DotComGuy, but I appreciate your checking back here ... and reassurances. Way to be!
:cool:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, let's be clear here.

Nhlrat runs this place, not me.
Direct all questions and concerns to nhlrat.

-=DCG=-

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComGod
Ok, let's be clear here.

-=DCG=-

Huh?!? :eek:

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, let's be clear here.

-=DCG=-

Okay that appears to be clear - nice friendly "Hi, look forward to working with you I'm the new owner, thanks for your patronage."
Guess not much has changed after all.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I am trying to say is people are very concerned with me and my opinions and my Presence.

nhlrat is the man here, not me.

He runs the show, he is taking over for gregr.

I am just a platinum member trying to learn from you guys and enjoy the system.

I hope that helps.

-=DCG=-

S

Sammy

Mr Web, I think what he is saying is that we have numerous thread asking the same thing over and over. DotComGod has posted here with regard to things we will be doing in the near future for our members and the site. I'm not sure whatelse you are looking for?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I am trying to say is people are very concerned with me and my opinions and my Presence.

nhlrat is the man here, not me.

He runs the show, he is taking over for gregr.

I am just a platinum member trying to learn from you guys and enjoy the system.

I hope that helps.

-=DCG=-

I'm just an old man but can I make a suggestion?
Why not just do a simple post telling us a little bit about you, what your plans are for DNForum and explaining that nhlrat will be the one running the forum.
It's really very simple and will prevent all of these various threads about what's happening, where's this and where's that.
Your choice.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
Okay that appears to be clear - nice friendly "Hi, look forward to working with you I'm the new owner, thanks for your patronage."
Guess not much has changed after all.

Exactly! What's the big deal ... who is the new OWNER?!? :eek:
Damn.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I'm just an old man but can I make a suggestion?
Why not just do a simple post telling us a little bit about you, what your plans are for DNForum and explaining that nhlrat will be the one running the forum.
It's really very simple and will prevent all of these various threads about what's happening, where's this and where's that.
Your choice.

To much curiosity will Kill ;)

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, I will do that.

Gladly!

I will post profile today in Platinum profile area.

take care!

-=DCG=-

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok, I will do that.

Gladly!

I will post profile today in Platinum profile area.

take care!

-=DCG=-

Thank you, kind Sir. Look forward to it. :)
:cool:

centerpoint

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

I will have to agree with this. The anouncement about the sale was a little difficult to find. Given the dedication of many members around here , it would be nice to see an anouncement from the new owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom