Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New PayPal Merchant Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

slavahosting

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What do you think of the new paypal merchant accounts, they recently released, it allows you to use their API an dorder system which lets them pay with a credit card from your website, or paypal on the paypal.com website.

Theres no monthly minimum or gateway fee or statement fee. For now no monthly fees untill 10/31/2005 and then its $20/month. Discount rate is 2.2% with a $0.30 charge per transaction.

Based on fees alone their discount rate is a bit higher then mine (I have 2.15), but its still a really low rate, but what I like is their monthly fee of $20 and thats it. Theres no gateway or statement fee, and no monthly minimum. all amounts you charge are immediately deposited into your paypal account.

I currently use e-online data merchant services, and use the Authorize.net payment gateway, I pay seperate fees for merchant account and my gateway fees, plus I have to wait 3-5 business days to get my funds deposited into my bank account.

They have all the features of my current merchant account including a virtual terminal for phone/mail/fax orders. Seems perfect but with a few holes.

Mainly its paypal. PayPal won't let you use a credit card if you have it regged wtih an account, can anyone using the paypal merchant services share views on the quality of the service and support time we might expect.

I know now if you send them an e-mail it takes about 72 hours for reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom