Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NEW possible sophisticated hijacking!!! Be aware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsJello

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how about the story like this:

1. you get an e-mail from a nice professional dotcom stating that the company was hired to find domains on behalf a very large client (the do give the name of a very large corporation) and the customer is willing to buy from you domains you own that potentially have a trademark conflict with their client

2. when you are "naive" and asking for a proof, they do provide you with a name and e-mail of the person at that LARGE corporation

3. you continue being a "naive" person and call that "corporate name" what ... is refusing to tell you his title

4. continue being even more "naive", you request from the company a fax on the letterhead of the "large corporation" describing the services they have requested

5. you get a long e-mail back stating that the fax is the least "unsecured" method and .. they can't do it

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS HAPPENING?

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dewey & Lewy.

Dewey is mastermind. Lewy is pion that has day job at large corp. Call personel dept at large corp and ask if Lewy is authorized to negotiate large domain name purchases on behalf of large corp. If Lewy does work there, it won't be for long.

Not sure where Huey fits in :party:

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If that happens, chances are, you're going to be screaming to them "I want my
swamp back!" in a Scottish accent. :-D

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dont want to scare anyone, especialy in my 'home' (DNF)
However, there does seem to be a person here who scouts for names, and poses as the TM holders representative.
A few times, he seems to indeed be their rep once he has alerted them, but that is the exception not the rule.

Just be careful.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Will do nevertheless, seeker. Thanks!

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
as I dont want to point fingers, do a search....
or go to the place where they advise you to not deal with various people...
it's a sub forum here

toscawan

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm sounds familiar, i got this letter:

Dear .........,

I am contacting you on behalf of Internet Identity's client, Microsoft Corporation, regarding your ownership of the domain name ************.com

Microsoft is in the process of purchasing several domains of interest to the corporation. We would like to take a moment of your time in hopes of persuading you to transfer ownership and control of the domain ******.com to Microsoft. Microsoft is willing to compensate you for this transfer by reimbursing you the initial cost for the registration of the domain, as well as the reasonable replacement cost for a new domain.

Please respond at your earliest convenience to let us know if you are willing to agree to the transfer. At that time we can work out the details of the transfer.

Thank you for your time and consideration. Microsoft appreciates your cooperation.

Regards,

Rod Rasmussen

Internet Identity

+1-888-239-6932

Is this a scam?

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol, yeah Ive had them as well. I dont respond as they have my phone number from the whois and if they really want to negotiate they can call me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom