Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New Rule Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FloHostBen

I am noticing this quite a bit someone will post a auction or sale and someone who is not intrested in the item will come and say something nasty or flame the sale. We should have a policy that enforces only intrested persons can post on auctions and sales or unless someone has a good reason like they have evidence a seller has scammed someone in the past etc.

I am just getting annoyed when trying to bid or even auction something myself and have someone coming and walking all over a auction or sale. I know many forums have a policy like such in full effect.

Upvote 0

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Ben. Welcome to DNForum.com :)

We do indeed have such a rule in place - and we enforce it. However - there are 2 things to keep in mind.

1) Everyone's opinion of what constitutes 'crapping' on a thread is different.

2) No matter how hard we work - we can't possibly read every single post by every single member.

You have only been a member here for 2 weeks - and I think as you spend more time here - you will see that we try to be fair and balanced in our moderation. We also rely on our members to help set the pace - and the input we receive is always evaluated - and taken into account in our decision making.

At the same time - we believe that a certain amount of 'skepticism' is a healthy thing. While we don't encourage arguments or fighting - we do allow 'healthy challenges' to be made if someone feels there is something wrong with another member's sale or auction.

We take politeness very seriously. At the same time though - we have to be realistic. We have over 2000 members - most of whom are adult professionals. They come from all over the world - and all different types of backgrounds. There has to be some 'give and take' to make this thing work. According to the majority of our members - we do a great job. That is the bottom line.

I hope you will stick around and take part in our community. I'm sorry if you've had a bad experience.

Sincerely,
Nick

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"We take politeness very seriously."

I do believe that! Please keep up the good work.
Happy New Year :)

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You can always ignore illeducated comments.

What I find more annoying is when someone states an auction end time, so I get ready to snipe it. The next thing I know it's been closed early due to a private sale. This is getting worse than Ebay :D

In fact I stopped looking at auctions because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom