Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could you implement a new rule on creating sales threads? I know that there is a maximum of 3 bumps in the lifetime of a thread before you can create a new one—but when? Can I post a domain name today and bump it every day thereafter, then create a new thread? Can there be a gap of 2 weeks to 1+ month(s) in-between creating a new thread for the same domain/portfolio?

It just seems like polluting the forum and I see one now (won’t mention it), that was bumped 3 times in a week period and subsequently, a new thread was created today.

It seems as if the more senior members follow the unwritten rule of waiting at least one month before creating a new thread for the same domain name, but there’s nothing in writing to stop someone from creating a new one 4 days later.

A suggestion is 2 months minimum for Platinum members and 1 month for Exclusive to entice upgrading.

Thanks!

Edit: Shortly after this post, it was closed... but there is no rule from creating a new thread of the same domain in the same subforum or another.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can legally bump the thread 3 times for the life of the thread: price reduction, adding more names.....
You can create a new thread for the same name seven days from the last update from the old thread.
You have to either let the old thread die or edit and empty the content of the old thread.
Cannot update and leave both thread live at the same time.

Example:
I create a thread on the 1st of the month and bump three times. The last bump date is the 10.
I will then empty the content of the old thread and create a new thread in the 17th (last update date) not the 7th (the date when the thread is created)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just sayin' that should be tossed in the ole rule book to prevent more work for you (when people catch on).

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nevermind, it's phrased exactly how you say it in rule #7. Close and/or delete my suggestion! :)

(Though I do think 7 days is quite short to see the same domain every week, if bumped daily)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom