Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New Sedo Feature!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SedoCoUk

Hi Everyone!

We received a lot of inquiries and concerns from bidders who said they never submitted an offer because of confusion about the price of the domain they were bidding on. In fact we received so many requests for currency conversions and the option to bid in US$ opposed to Euros or Pounds Sterling opposed to US$, etc. that we developed some new options for such bidders. We're hoping that this will increase the number of offers our sellers (you guys) see accross the board.

This new feature will be online tomorrow (Tuesday).

Bidders will be be able to see what a price translates to in the currency they're familiar with and submit new offers in the currency they prefer.

Sales prices in US$, Euros and Sterling will be transalted according to the daily rate for these bidders and they will be able to submit an offer in a different currency, if they so choose, which will automatically be translated for the seller.

For example if someone lists their domain at 9000 GB Pounds, American bidders interested in the listing will be able to see that is equal to 15,738.5 US$ and can submit an Acceptable offer in US $. Which will automatically be transalted to pounds for the seller.

All the same constraints will apply, ergo, bidders won't be able to get under a 900 Euro minimum offer by bidding 900 US$. It will be explained that they will have to meet the 1,095.96 US minimum (according to the daily rate) to submit their offer.

Hopefully this will give bidders the transparency they've been asking for and you'll see even more offers.

Brad
[email protected]

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That's nice.

Several months ago I mentioned that your billing system issues invoices in the currency of the trade, for example I am in the US and had some sales listed in euro.

That's fine and dandy, till it's tax season (which is the case still). Those invoices will still print in euro - not the US $ equivalent at the time of the transaction. I have to guesstimate rates when reporting income from domain sales. Please fix that.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
also include that, for domain sales over certain amounts, buyers who use paypal will have to pay additional fee's, in excess of the purchase price!

and you guys at sedo should find a way for "sellers" to receive payments from Sedo to paypal, without incurring an additional fee!

Thanks

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The "popular searches" menu seems to have reverted back to unoptimized category related keyword strings; this seems to be the case on all my PPC pages.

This is bound to have a negative impact on CTR and possibly RPC.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Edit: Now fixed.

- Rob

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I manage my own PPC for my parked domains. I see the low click through but still ok in Money per click result. Of course low click through produces low money revenue. I see this trend for the past 5 days but its' beginning to go back to normal. Hopefully.

EM

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom