Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New Sedo Pro changes = massive rev increase!

Status
Not open for further replies.

everydayprofit

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Aloha!!

WOW!! Since Sedo Pro has made the changes to their keyword feeds, I ahve seen my revenue nearly TRIPLE!! That is great considering I saw my rev on half of my domains quadruple when I took them from domainsponsor and went to Sedo Pro with them.

I have to say...Sedo Pro has been doing amazing things for my portfolio!! Has anyone else had the same experience? If anyone here hasn't tried Pro....you really should! I have been very pleased!

//everydayprofit

Domain Days 2024

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the revenue has remained almost the same here.

everydayprofit

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mine has nearly tripled...but I have a TON of niche names as they had mentioned. I saw some of my EPC jump from $.14 to $.34 overnight!

//everydayprofit

update: recent had some names making $.08/click...with the changes they went to $.50/click...my rep helped me find similar keywords with higher payouts..and now I am at $2.50/click!!!

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For me personally, I just joined Fabulous... All I can say is good things.. I've tried 30 PPC companies, and not one has produced anywhere near this revneue.

everydayprofit

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fabulous seems to be good for some names as well. But I am happier with Sedo Pro than I have been with any other company. :) Their customer service has been great as well. :)

//everydayprofit

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just looked at todays earnings and they are almost the same as yesterdays which were up by 250+ over earlier in the week!

I am not going to get too excited for another couple of weeks. If theya re still receiving the same revenue then I will be PSYCHED!

everydayprofit

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They must be robbing Peter to pay Paul. My rev dropped in half.

yeah...it is greatly depending on the keywords you are using. Check with your Sedo rep...they will be happy to help you optimize your names to get higher rpc.

BTW......after reviewing my account.....I see it is MORE than double daily rev. I am up nearly 300% everyday compared to before the changes. :)

//everydayprofit

RepCentral

DN Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SEDO is playing a wierd game here. They reward SEDO Pro users
inconsistently with respect to 404 redirects.

I do not own this domain but if you use "gamer.com" as an example.
Try "game.com/this/this.gif"
Now we know that "this.gif" does not exist but the SEDO will direct the 404 request back to the standard root homepage.
This is what is expected and decent parking services do this.

Now... Type your sedo address in and try it.

Most times on basic SEDO you get "Not found" and that is it. Way to make money SEDO! That text and nothing else really brings home the cash!:greenrolleyes:

Then sometimes SEDO will reward everyother 404 try with a proper redirect. I really don't know why they do this. Unless it is somekind of reward for keeping a site over time. (You believe your revenue is increasing)

If I have an expired site, then I tend to host the site myself and redirect all requests (404 included) back to the Sedo parked page: www.sedoparking.com/yoursite.com

You don't need to do this with DomainSponsor or TrafficZ.
Fabulous tries to handle it gracefully but I don't care about that, this is
a parking page not a tea party!

Note that this 404 redirect is only helpfull if your domain has a bunch of expired links. If you get nothing but typeins then it will not do anything for you. How do you know if you have a bunch of expired links for your domain? Typically, I host the domain at least for 48 hours with a "Coming Soon" only text and nothing else. Hosting companies will always give you some stats like
Webalizer, AWStats or Urchin. Use those to look at 404 requests and traffic sources.

So in conclusion, the SEDO 404 redirect policy is just strange...

everydayprofit

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Exactly on the same boat, names which produced $6 a day barely go to $2

If you are Sedo Pro....email or call your rep. They will be more than happy to assist you in optimizing with higher paying keywords. If you read the newsletter, they make a staement that some will go up and some down...and it will depend greatly on the types of names you have. Nearly all of mine went up...I had a few gone down, but my rep found higher paying keyowrds for those, and they are back up. ;) Look into it...believe me...it will be well worth your time. :)

//everydayprofit

everydayprofit

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SEDO is playing a wierd game here. They reward SEDO Pro users
inconsistently with respect to 404 redirects.

I do not own this domain but if you use "gamer.com" as an example.
Try "game.com/this/this.gif"
Now we know that "this.gif" does not exist but the SEDO will direct the 404 request back to the standard root homepage.
This is what is expected and decent parking services do this.

Now... Type your sedo address in and try it.

Most times on basic SEDO you get "Not found" and that is it. Way to make money SEDO! That text and nothing else really brings home the cash!:greenrolleyes:

Then sometimes SEDO will reward everyother 404 try with a proper redirect. I really don't know why they do this. Unless it is somekind of reward for keeping a site over time. (You believe your revenue is increasing)

If I have an expired site, then I tend to host the site myself and redirect all requests (404 included) back to the Sedo parked page: www.sedoparking.com/yoursite.com

You don't need to do this with DomainSponsor or TrafficZ.
Fabulous tries to handle it gracefully but I don't care about that, this is
a parking page not a tea party!

Note that this 404 redirect is only helpfull if your domain has a bunch of expired links. If you get nothing but typeins then it will not do anything for you. How do you know if you have a bunch of expired links for your domain? Typically, I host the domain at least for 48 hours with a "Coming Soon" only text and nothing else. Hosting companies will always give you some stats like
Webalizer, AWStats or Urchin. Use those to look at 404 requests and traffic sources.

So in conclusion, the SEDO 404 redirect policy is just strange...

I never got proper 404 pages with domain sponsor. I had a name that was getting about 700 404's/day...domain sponsor never automatically picked them up. I have so many domains...I didn't even notice at first. By the time I caught it, it was too late....the traffic had begun to die off. :(

//everydayprofit

RepCentral

DN Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, well TrafficZ has handled all of my 404 traffic correctly.
I have compared fully redirected Sedo traffic to TrafficZ direct DNS traffic
and the revenue is comparable.
Be aware that TrafficZ does geolocate traffic and use this info for PPC calculation.
Overall, I have found them to be fast with payments and very fair when there are problems.

My TrafficZ Referral Link :eek:k:

majestique

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So when I register a domain, I simply should just park it on SEDO? Shouldn't I advertise it?

everydayprofit

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So when I register a domain, I simply should just park it on SEDO? Shouldn't I advertise it?

no need to advertize if you have names that already have built in traffic. I just sent you a PM expalining some thngs as well as a refaerral link to sig nup at Sedo. If you want to try other parking services as well...there is info on my site. :)

Aloha!
//everydayprofit

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom