Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New Sony Micro PC / Just don't call it a UMPC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

demo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and just when I had all the good UMPC names Sony goes and starts their own category! Actually I do think this falls under the UMPC category...

Unregistered

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what's that black stick behind I wonder...

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Micro PC... Nice. and only $1800 buck too.

Still think GoPC is a better name.

;)

GoPC

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
4.5" LCD? PSP has a 4.3" LCD and it's a whole lot cheaper.

Dr. Domaining

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I personally have a Pocket PC but it is more of a PDA, however, it has a built-in phone. This does not but it is an actual fully working PC while mine is not. This looks really good, I remember reading about this generation of PCs quite sometime ago and it is good to see that they are finally available to the public.

LeeRyder

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I dont get it...

Where do you use these? At the Baseball game? At Disneyland?

I play games only at home. I don't go to the bar and hit on a chick by asking "Wanna challenge me in Mario Cart?"

Gaming is a hobby, not a life. If you need a break from reality while walking around friggin Disneyland playing video games... maybe your money is better invested in therapy...

Dr. Domaining

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LeeRyder said:
I dont get it...

Where do you use these? At the Baseball game? At Disneyland?

I play games only at home. I don't go to the bar and hit on a chick by asking "Wanna challenge me in Mario Cart?"

Gaming is a hobby, not a life. If you need a break from reality while walking around friggin Disneyland playing video games... maybe your money is better invested in therapy...

It is not meant for gaming, it is meant for all-purpose computing on the go. It is a very convenient way to have a fully functional PC with you at all times.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can see gaming in a "GoPC" environment being usefull while spending time on a bus or airplane trip, or for your kids on the way to Disneyland, or Camping. Liek many of hte portable devices available today, it's mostly about convenience. The business "productivity" angle is an arguable selling point as well but in terms of true mobility, you need more that the OS to be productive while on the move.

GoPC

demo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got one a few weeks ago UMPC, the Samsung Q1 and don't use it for games but for Internet access. With all the free wi-fi hotspots in the city I can always keep track of my domain empire!

Dr. Domaining

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
demo said:
I got one a few weeks ago UMPC, the Samsung Q1 and don't use it for games but for Internet access. With all the free wi-fi hotspots in the city I can always keep track of my domain empire!

I have an unlimited data plan with mine, unlimited broadband access on the go pretty much anywhere. I am sure you can get one for yours as well. WiFi connections are not very secure for one and they aren't exactly everywhere. I wouldn't risk having your information stolen while on a free WiFi connection.

demo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good point Dr. Domainer... I'll have to avoid logging on to paypal, adsense, etc. while I'm on the go.

Still for just browsing the web it is excellent!

demo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am going to pass on getting any domains in this format as Sony is the only player.

For anyone with micro or umpc domains I will be putting a site http://www.umpcnames.com which will feature only umpc (and micro PC) domain names - very similar to the excellent Wii name site http://www.wiinames.com.

:-#

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom