Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New SPAM problems, free .info domain owners targeted

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:mad: :mad: :mad:

I just recieved 2 spam emails regarding .info domains I just registered. One of them looks like this:

Hi,

I was doing some domain searches and I saw you JUST registered albertpujols.info?

I thought I would take a chance to ask you - are you interested in making money online?

If I could show you a really easy way to build a long term monthly residual income online using albertpujols.info with a revolutionary company, would you be interested? (it costs nothing to get going)

The company is Inc500 listed and has customers in 200+ countries - they are very solid and are one of the fastest growing companies in the world.

Anyways, I just saw your domain and thought I might ask you.

Take care,
Sherri

I know this is SPAM because Albert Pujols is a baseball player and not something associated with residual income.

Have any of you been getting crap like this? Is it a domainsite.com thing or a new .info thing? I have never gotten spam like this before and now 2 days after I picked up my free .info domain it starts

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
:mad: :mad: :mad:

I just recieved 2 spam emails regarding .info domains I just registered. One of them looks like this:

Hi,

I was doing some domain searches and I saw you JUST registered albertpujols.info?

I thought I would take a chance to ask you - are you interested in making money online?

If I could show you a really easy way to build a long term monthly residual income online using albertpujols.info with a revolutionary company, would you be interested? (it costs nothing to get going)

The company is Inc500 listed and has customers in 200+ countries - they are very solid and are one of the fastest growing companies in the world.

Anyways, I just saw your domain and thought I might ask you.

Take care,
Sherri

I know this is SPAM because Albert Pujols is a baseball player and not something associated with residual income.

Have any of you been getting crap like this? Is it a domainsite.com thing or a new .info thing? I have never gotten spam like this before and now 2 days after I picked up my free .info domain it starts

does it surprise you?

nothing is free in this world.

thanks for the heads up, i guess we now know the "catch"!

luc l.

Keith

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got the same spam email, but with abusiveelusive.info

None of the other domains. Seems they are hitting the "a"s today. Maybe the "b"s tomorrow?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maybe, I got one of those DomainBuyer scam emails about a different .info I registered...

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe Affilias is supporting this sale via upsells?

lol

uid0

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've also registered several .com's at NameCheap. Shortly after registration, approx. 2 days, I started recieving spam email to the dnsadmin@* email account I setup for this domain. The domain wasn't even associated with a website yet.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you post the names here in the thread asking which names you had reg'd?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, but that still means the spammer needed to go through whois to get my email

Alexander

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I registered 3 domains at once with GoDaddy.com a while back. This was when the .coms were only 7.95. I checked my voice mail, and I get this message about some design/hosting company. I called them back to see exactly who they were. I asked how they got my number. They said they "saw" me register a domain and wanted to ask me if I wanted to buy hosting or web design. I asked which domain they "saw" me register. They said "wait, you registered more than one?". I hung up from there. I mean I thought the spam emails were enough, but when they start calling you? Ugh, anyone else have the same experience?

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Miracle Max said:
"I love spam. Especialy on an SLT when the tomatoes are ripe and the spam is lean"

Ask Owen if he knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom