Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New Stats on Dashboard at Parked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue and Gold

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok I can assume that the Visitors is everything from real people to computer generated visitors and the Searches would be real people but what is 404s?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We added searches and 404s to the front page to make things a little more transparent. I don't think it will answer any specific questions about your traffic, but you never know. The domain level reports will be modified later this week or early next week to handle the additional fields.

Donny

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen my TQ score in weeks, what happened?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RG - Good question. Seems like you should have one. I just sent off an email.

fab - 404's to us are the same like in the normal web world. Somebody went to a page, that wasn't index/result/click/robots.txt/image. If they go anywhere else we label it a 404 just like the normal world.

Donny

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If you have domains that used to be existing sites with lots of images, files etc. it's recommended that you:

1. Use your own DNS
2. Use .htaccess to capture all 404 traffic
3. Use URL forwarding to park

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have domains that used to be existing sites with lots of images, files etc. it's recommended that you:

1. Use your own DNS
2. Use .htaccess to capture all 404 traffic
3. Use URL forwarding to park

And after doing that do you keep the 404 traffic and send it to a non-parked page, or send the 404's to the index.html parked page?

Nodnarb

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Awesome - When will we be able to run reports and see the 404 and the search detail by domain name?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
And after doing that do you keep the 404 traffic and send it to a non-parked page, or send the 404's to the index.html parked page?

No, the 404 traffic needs to hit your main page (e.g. index.php) via the .htaccess definition (see code below) where you forward it to the parked page using the suggested method. It works with all parking companies that support it.

Typical .htaccess file:

ErrorDocument 404 /index.php

This way all domain-specific traffic is trapped and accounted for; it's then up to the visitor to decide whether to click or not.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RG - Good question. Seems like you should have one. I just sent off an email.

fab - 404's to us are the same like in the normal web world. Somebody went to a page, that wasn't index/result/click/robots.txt/image. If they go anywhere else we label it a 404 just like the normal world.

Donny

Any way for us to find out what the 404 pages they visited for each domain?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jdk - We don't even keep where they went.

Acroplex - We return a 200, we don't return a 404. :) But we track it as a 404.

Donny

Vinnee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, makes sense now. Can the 404 question be addressed on the web site faq? When reviewing stats the 404 stands out with little info as to why.

BFitz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So if I just bought a domain in the aftermarket and set the DNS to Parked.com what does it mean if I am getting many 404's per day. It was a developed site with back links?

Thanks, makes sense now. Can the 404 question be addressed on the web site faq? When reviewing stats the 404 stands out with little info as to why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom