Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New system at sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namebrander

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In the past I always set all my dns to make offer on sedo
ok they changed their system as of the 21st oct but does anyone understand it?

Ive set a price on all my domains and set a minimum offer

So how come when I rec'd an offer of £45 for a domain sedo wanted to take £35 If I auctioned it and no one else made a bid

Ive contacted their support but theyre taking ages getting back to me

All my domains are set to sedo parking nameserver wise

Very confusing

cmason

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Dreamking, I have had the same problem. From my interpretation, sending a domain to auction and having it end under $500 offers no advantage to sellers. The line "The minimum commission fee for domains with the above extensions may be waived if the domain is both verifiably parked with Sedo and sold for a fixed price" is particuarly troubling as this basically means that ANY domain sold in an auction involves a $50 minimum.

It looks like Sedo has killed the $60 auction start. Shame.

EDIT: I have asked Sedo to clarify the commission structure with examples, but no luck so far. Personally, I would often list, say an LLN.com at $300, but then request a $60 auction push...according to the new rules this would be subject to a $50 minimum commission. Not so appealing.

H

H2FC

I guess the best way to secure a small profit on an auction now is to require a $100 minimum to send it to auction. At least by doing this you don't have to use the almost worthless Sedo PPC program.

cmason

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess the best way to secure a small profit on an auction now is to require a $100 minimum to send it to auction. At least by doing this you don't have to use the almost worthless Sedo PPC program.

Agreed, but for "commodity" domains this still wouldn't help out that much. Let's say you have an LLL.org that would sell for $175. With a $60, $100 or even $150 starting bid, Sedo would still take $50.

Hopefully Sedo soon realizes that they made a mistake, or will at least issue a somewhat formal statement regarding sub-$500 auctions.

NameLinker

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have set about 100 of my domains to fixed price.. Hope can generate some sales...

Anyway, waiting some guy from Sedo to make the clarification

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i think theres a big space for a domain-focused auction house like Sedo or any of the others to allow sellers to set up auctions with fixed start and end times without having to wait on someone to make an offer. really, just like ebay and take a listing fee, and if the name doesnt sell then no % commission. Bido is kind of doing this now.

H

H2FC

Isn't Bido.com where you either start your auction at $1 or pay them about $29 or so to start at a reserve minimum price?....and they keep that fee when it doesn't sell?

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
their auctions all start at $28 now, but i think you can push any domain to auction for an upfront fee of $8. if i'm not mistaken

H

H2FC

Bido doesn't sound like a good deal for the seller when you have to pay $28 (non-refundable fee unless the name is sold) to get your name on auction if you want it to start at more than a one dollar bid.

As I understand it, the upfront fee of $8 is for any domain you wish to auction that starts with a one dollar bid. The name will go to the highest bidder no matter what the winning bid is so I suppose a seller could pay $8 and have to sell the name for $1 if thats the only bidder they have.

Don't misunderstand, I don't like the new Sedo way of doing biz for small value domains either. I think its very unfair.

Doc

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of listing my domains at sedo. I've never bothered to list any there before but want to see what results i could get... so if i sell a domain for 500 dollars, what is the fee i have to pay? if i sell for 1000 is the fee the same? Also, can you just change the parking at the last minute as i don't want to use sedo parking...

lost plontoon

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think a commission of enquiry should be held into the business practices of Sedo. This PPC is one the the greatest con methods to extract money from us mere mortals holding a few domain names. Earnings are suddenly removed without an explanation.
This in itself breaches the basics of contract law. Where are the Auditors, regulators? Who checks to see if this is correct?
Do our domain names really ever see the ether way beyond, or are they just stuck on the screen in Sedo's offices? We know they never appear in the search engines!
Aren't we all being conned and taken for suckers?

H

H2FC

At bido a domain requires at least 5 votes to get into an auction . Of course it may also be accelerated into an auction at $8.88 . Since the minimum bid price(opening price) for no reserve auctions is $28 , so the minimum guaranteed amount to seller in case of a successful sale is highest bid - 8% comission.

The problem you were mentioning about ($1 price etc.) is a thing of the past.

As it is both marketplaces are good but need to iron out the glitches.
Thank you for the clarification. I will study their new plan closer and maybe give it a try with a few names.

S

SedoCoUk

Hello everyone,

Sedo's new No Minimum Commission offer started October 21, 2009. To take advantage of this promotion, we will waive the $50 minimum commission for qualifying domains that are parked with Sedo and set at a fixed price. Specific requirements may be found via the link below:

http://www.sedo.com/services/prices.php3?tracked=&partnerid=&language=us

Sedo's latest research shows that a combination of parking and applying fixed price tags to your domains will see the greatest drop in the time it takes to find a buyer. Parked and fixed price domains, especially in the $200 to $1,000 price range, sell three to six times faster than "make offer" listings.

Setting a fixed price for your domains can be a difficult process. Which is why we've introduced the new Price Suggestion Tool, the industry's first automated appraisal service that allows sellers to appraise their domains in bulk, completely free of charge!

If you need further clarification or you have specific questions you can PM us here or contact www.support.sedo.com.

Thanks,

Lisa

Namebrander

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

amen to that ~ I know ppc is at an all time low but either sedo or google or both are shaving massively these days. I wouldn't park at sedo anymore as I'm not into 2 cent click rates for terms like debt + loans etc

H

H2FC

Hello everyone,

Sedo's new No Minimum Commission offer started October 21, 2009. To take advantage of this promotion, we will waive the $50 minimum commission for qualifying domains that are parked with Sedo and set at a fixed price. Specific requirements may be found via the link below:

Lisa

Hi Lisa...lets see if we can sort this out so that I can better understand it.

This is a promotion...temporary I assume?

The name must be in the Sedo PPC program before its sold with a 10% sales fee and no $50 minimum?

How long does the name have to have been in the PPC program before the no minimum fee takes effect? Would that be at least 30 days or so like it used to be?

Does the $60 minimum bid still apply for a domain to be pushed to auction?

When a domain is sold at auction the $50 minimum fee is applied even if it is in the Sedo PPC program because it wasn't sold at a fixed price....is that correct?

Thanks for your answers.

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Sedo's latest research shows that a combination of parking and applying fixed price tags to your domains will see the greatest drop in the time it takes to find a buyer. Parked and fixed price domains, especially in the $200 to $1,000 price range, sell three to six times faster than "make offer" listings.

Setting a fixed price for your domains can be a difficult process. Which is why we've introduced the new Price Suggestion Tool, the industry's first automated appraisal service that allows sellers to appraise their domains in bulk, completely free of charge!

If you need further clarification or you have specific questions you can PM us here or contact www.support.sedo.com.

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa,

Can you please respond to the other outstanding Sedo related threads as well??

You know the ones I am referring to.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Lisa...lets see if we can sort this out so that I can better understand it.

This is a promotion...temporary I assume?

The name must be in the Sedo PPC program before its sold with a 10% sales fee and no $50 minimum?

How long does the name have to have been in the PPC program before the no minimum fee takes effect? Would that be at least 30 days or so like it used to be?

Does the $60 minimum bid still apply for a domain to be pushed to auction?

When a domain is sold at auction the $50 minimum fee is applied even if it is in the Sedo PPC program because it wasn't sold at a fixed price....is that correct?

Thanks for your answers.

Hello H2FC,

Please allow me to offer further clarification.

• The current "No Minimum Commission" is an ongoing promotion. Note that it only affects domains which sell below $500.

• In order to take advantage of this promotion the domain would need to be verifiably parked with Sedo and sold for a fixed price. Please see the specific requirements (including applicable extensions) at http://www.sedo.com/services/prices.php3?tracked=&partnerid=&language=us

• In regards to auctions and the marketplace, yes the minimum offer amount is still $60. As a seller once you receive an offer on a domain set as "make offer" you have the option to push the domain to auction. We simply advise you to ensure you are willing to accept the original offer in case no others are received.

• Yes. Domains set as "make offer" would be subject to the minimum commission.

If you are unsure how to value your domains or if fixed prices are the best choice for certain domains you may want to consider trying our new "Price Suggestion Tool". This completely free tool gives you a suggested price range and allows you to apply exact prices to your domains. You can find it within the Domain Management Tool.

Our latest research shows that a combination of parking and applying fixed prices to your domains will see the greatest drop in the time it takes to find a buyer. Parked and fixed price domains, especially in the $200 to $5,000 price range, sell three to six times faster than "make offer" listings. If you haven’t yet, definitely give fixed pricing a try.

If you have further questions on this subject I encourage you to review our FAQ library or contact our Customer Care Team directly at www.support.sedo.com.

Thanks,

Lisa

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello H2FC,

• The current "No Minimum Commission" is an ongoing promotion. Note that it only affects domains which sell below $500.

• In order to take advantage of this promotion the domain would need to be verifiably parked with Sedo and sold for a fixed price. Please see the specific requirements (including applicable extensions) at http://www.sedo.com/services/prices.php3?tracked=&partnerid=&language=us

• In regards to auctions and the marketplace, yes the minimum offer amount is still $60. As a seller once you receive an offer on a domain set as "make offer" you have the option to push the domain to auction. We simply advise you to ensure you are willing to accept the original offer in case no others are received.

• Yes. Domains set as "make offer" would be subject to the minimum commission.

If you are unsure how to value your domains or if fixed prices are the best choice for certain domains you may want to consider trying our new "Price Suggestion Tool". This completely free tool gives you a suggested price range and allows you to apply exact prices to your domains. You can find it within the Domain Management Tool.

Our latest research shows that a combination of parking and applying fixed prices to your domains will see the greatest drop in the time it takes to find a buyer. Parked and fixed price domains, especially in the $200 to $5,000 price range, sell three to six times faster than "make offer" listings. If you haven’t yet, definitely give fixed pricing a try.

If you have further questions on this subject I encourage you to review our FAQ library or contact our Customer Care Team directly at www.support.sedo.com.

Thanks,

Lisa

Hello Lisa,

Please address this thread as well:

http://www.dnforum.com/f490/forum-p...tober-greatdomains-sellers-thread-392614.html

Do the right thing!

IBN

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello H2FC,

[*]In regards to auctions and the marketplace, yes the minimum offer amount is still $60. As a seller once you receive an offer on a domain set as "make offer" you have the option to push the domain to auction.

Thanks,

Lisa

I got an offer the other day for $60.00 on a name and normally I would have just sent it to auction but Sedo's commission was $50.00 and my commission on my own domain was $10.00 Sounds like a great promotion. Perhaps there is some way that you can let an auction be and auction and a fixed price be a fixed price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom