Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rprosser

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As I live in the UK, 7pm CST (wherever that is) will be something like 2am here! So is there any prospect of changing the time?

I realise that there are probably members from other countries, so perhaps there could be auctions held at different times.

Thanks ...

Upvote 0

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I echo that but fear that is all it will be - an echo!

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe in the future there could possibly be 2 auctions a week, to accomodate everyone all over the world:D

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainProfiles
Maybe in the future there could possibly be 2 auctions a week, to accomodate everyone all over the world:D

I think that would be THE answer ... as I'd hate to see Sunday night's fixed time and place be altered, at this juncture. The less things change, the more people will tune in and make it part of their schedule.
A 2nd weekly time/auction would definitley be nice for the Euro's, plus I think there will be enough demand and supply as we evolve!
Good Luck.
:cool:

parwold

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons that make me reluctant to join as a PLATINUM or any other rare metal member is the bias towards our friends over the pond, as my job entails me working at odd hours and for days on end, I sometimes cannot access a computer for up to 15 days at a time, some weekends I start work at 6am gmt on a Saturday and don't finish untill 9 or 10 pm gmt on a Sunday, if i'm on a European Tour it's even worse! The Auction time for the U.K. is actually 1am gmt Monday morning, and so far I have attended all but the first one, and have managed to crawl into bed at 3.30 + in the morning! I must say however that I would not miss one, no matter what time it started, why?, because it's the best thing on the web!, but as my second name is SCROOGE I am having problems justifying paying $s for a service that very soon I will have problems accessing, no matter what time it starts!
But I digress, to answer your question Rprosser, a thread about the auction times was started some time ago, and the auction time was changed once, the prices attained at that auction where to say the least, poor, and the number of members that attended was down, if the dnf auction has a set time and day that the majority of members can attend it can only grow from strength to strength, and that must be good for sellers and buyers, because if the prices drop, no one will put their good dn's up for auction! and the auction will gain a reputation for only selling rubbish. I agree that a second auction for this side of the pond should be considered, but I think that all it will attract is the dn's that no one wants.
anyway that's my 2cents worth.

netau

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The auction is midday Monday Melbourne/Sydney/Tasmania Australia

Very inconvenieent for me.
But please don't change it

The time and date need to remain stable
Just like something else

rprosser

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This look like another candidate for a FAQ list - see " Suggestions and Feedback".

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by rprosser
This look like another candidate for a FAQ list - see " Suggestions and Feedback".
Yup.

~ Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom