Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

new TLDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey

Anyone has any idea whats gonna happen to "new.net" .xxx names if ICANN will create it's own .xxx domain ?

Thanks

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Other than new.nets xxx names dropping in value (which they dont have much value IMO now anyway), not much I suppose.

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What I meant to ask - let's say I now own blablabla.xxx through new.net
Will ICANN allow anyone else to register blablabla.xxx when they'll approve the .xxx ?

10x

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
madcamel said:
What I meant to ask - let's say I now own blablabla.xxx through new.net
Will ICANN allow anyone else to register blablabla.xxx when they'll approve the .xxx ?

10x

I believe as far as ICANN is concerned, new.net domains don't exist and will be treated that way.

I wouldn't blame new.net if they tried to work something out with the new registry though to give their existing owners a first chance landrush type deal.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
assuming you are using new.nets plugin or are typing the full address including new.net, I am sure everyone will still see the sites as it is a subdomain of the new.net extension

The new TLD's are sponsored domains.
The xxx domain is sponsored from a different company, so I dont se how new.net can work on such a deal with them.
What I wonder more is why didnt new.net apply for a sponsoring the .xxx and other extensions???

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
What I wonder more is why didnt new.net apply for a sponsoring the .xxx and other extensions???

They probably assume that ICANN wouldn't approve anything they are behind at this point, making it a waste of money.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
question:

will the new.net plugin override the .xxx regular icann approved domains?

because the plugin might just do so, depending on how it was coded.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameTower said:
question:

will the new.net plugin override the .xxx regular icann approved domains?

because the plugin might just do so, depending on how it was coded.

I would guess the plugin would still override the real TLD since it sends lookups to different DNS servers for those domains. However, I would also bet the ISP's who have made new.net domains available would change their DNS servers to see the real ones. I think this number far outnumbers the plugin users.

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
adoptabledomains said:
I would guess the plugin would still override the real TLD since it sends lookups to different DNS servers for those domains. However, I would also bet the ISP's who have made new.net domains available would change their DNS servers to see the real ones. I think this number far outnumbers the plugin users.

I tested the new.net plugin on a computer that its DNS configured to resolve another alternate root (new root formally pacific root) that also has a .travel TLD and the result was that the new.net plugin would still override the "real TLD" in the DNS. The details are here:

http://www.finee.com/travel_tld.htm

As to the number of Internet users that have the new.net plugin installed I do not know. New.net claims "174,661,619 New.net enabled Internet users worldwide" and I would not be surprised if a significant proportion of these are using the plugin.

Something tells me that new.net will not be another ARNI .biz and the registrants in the ICANN .xxx and .travel will need also the new.net names if they want universal resolution of their domains.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
more and more extensions are on the horizons every day...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom