Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

New to Domain Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

mppedersen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But i'm figuring this out quick.

Question,

Is it really possible with the right domains and some traffic to make several hundred dollars a day? Doing the math this should be possible with just a few thousand visitors a day. Am I being overly optimistic? I just bought a domain that gets between 4 and 5 thousand visitors a day plus the other 30 or so other domains that get about 1500 visitors a day total.

Average payout according to Domainhop is $.43 and I've seen several posts where people claim that anywhere form 10% to 30% of visitors click on a link. Simple math assuming a payout of only half the average is $125 a day.

Anyways, hope I am not getting excited over nothing. If anybody would like to share their experiences please do.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
all visitors are valuable, however, some are much more so than others

for example:
a visitor who clicks on an ad for a lawyer can give you $20 (for just 1 visit)
whereas a visitor who clicks on a cereal ad probably makes you $0.02

traffic is great, but the topic of the domains and the click through rate of visitors really shows the true value of any traffic domain

ezimedia

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HI

Have you parked your domains with domainhop.com yet to see how they go, You may also want to test them with other companies like Sedo, or DomainSponsor

As a domain that may not do well on domainhop may do better on sedo and the other away around is true also...

Thanks
Tom Dahne

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Getting between 4 and 5 thousand visitors a day is really good. As others have suggested, the pay that you'll get per click depends on many different factors. Other parking servces are definitely worth a try. Domain Hop will often give you a good rate per click, but you might not convert as many clicks there - their ad inventory is not as good as some of the other services.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mppedersen said:
.....people claim that anywhere form 10% to 30% of visitors click on a link.......

IMO that is way too high. The real average (based on a lot of diverse domains) is more like 1% on the low side to perhaps 5% on high side (based on targeted keyword names), with 3% or 4% being considered real good and better than average.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
chances are that you arent gonna make several hundred dollars per day on just 5500 uniques per day. that seems on the extremely optimistic side.

mppedersen said:
But i'm figuring this out quick.

Question,

Is it really possible with the right domains and some traffic to make several hundred dollars a day? Doing the math this should be possible with just a few thousand visitors a day. Am I being overly optimistic? I just bought a domain that gets between 4 and 5 thousand visitors a day plus the other 30 or so other domains that get about 1500 visitors a day total.

mppedersen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
draqon said:
chances are that you arent gonna make several hundred dollars per day on just 5500 uniques per day. that seems on the extremely optimistic side.

I got setup at domain sponsor and after the first couple of days I have an average of .006 cents per unique visitor. I'm sure over time it will increase because domainsponser says the optimize the links based on what people search for, but I think I'm off to a good start.

I learned allot this first week, thanks everybody for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom