Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New to Snapnames

Status
Not open for further replies.

David.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just recently got into Snapnames and I have a quick question.

Is there anyway to find out how much a certain domain is making in parking revenue before actually bidding on the domain and owning it?

In other words, how do you know what is hot and what is not?

(I know certain keywords, insurance, travel, etc. are hot but wanted to know if there is anything else I should know).

Thank you.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Short answer: no

You can speculate on its traffic by researching its archived.org history, alexa.com traffic trends and other indicators, such as Google PR and word frequency in Google.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah check what kind of backlinks the name still has, research its history (if it's been used for spamming it will get lot of junk traffic). Also look at search volume (with google keywords for example).

David.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Question about Snapnames:

This site is very confusing for me and hard to navigate.

1) How do I find out what the current bid is on a domain?

2) How do I bid on auctions? Is the only way to bid by using the "bulk order" and then "bulk bid" window?

I like how in the "buy" page they mention "SnapNames Live platform" but provide no link to it whatsoever lol.

"If you cannot attend the event in person or prefer to bid online at the event, you can participate in all the bidding action live as it happens by using the SnapNames Live auction bidding platform. You will need to download our auction software and open a SnapNames account to use this interface. We strongly suggest you prepare in advance and download the SnapNames Live platform at least a few days before the auctions starts."

So where is the link for that?

What is the best way to use this site?

Just type in the domain I am looking for search box and then hit "backorder"?

Does it matter what time of day someone "backorders" a domain or not?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom