Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale New whois format confusing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

financedomains

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Anybody know how to interpret the new whois when the newly added upper part does not match the expiration dates for the lower part?

For example, if the newly added expiration date is for 1/7/2004, but the older lower part shows an expiration of 1/1/2003, and the domain is in Registry-Hold or Registry-Lock do you think it means the registrar grabbed it?

Frontline

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am wondering the same myself, i got a domain pointing back to the registry that according to the bottom part should be expired but according to the top it has another year left..really confused heh.

financedomains

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, exactly. I wonder if its true on only dictionary style domains and not fjgjtimngblahblah.com's. Perhaps the registrars are taking us out of the game.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

mikess

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But how can you tell what the original expiration date was to know if the name might get deleted anytime between 01-jan-2003 to 01-jan-2009? Does this mean that we will need to track the old whois somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom