Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Newb to the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamptech Mike

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can all you money making domain machines offer me some good advice for selecting domains? Ideas I think are good don't seem to be getting much for results. Maybe you can tell me what is wrong and how I should go about selecting domains in the future.

Example of domains I chose.

pcgear4u.com
ispessentials.com
ssshosting.com
usservicemembers.com

Thx in advance

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Buying names like that in the hope of selling them to someone is not a good idea..... there are literally dozens of similar names one could register just like that for themself for reg fee.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cyphix said:
Buying names like that in the hope of selling them to someone is not a good idea..... there are literally dozens of similar names one could register just like that for themself for reg fee.

1 to 2 words MAX, good extension, NO NUMBRES STANDING FOR LETTERS

hamptech Mike

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So the overall goal should be to get original names like. hosting.com rather than ssshosting.com btw I realize that is probably not a feasible domain to obtain but you get my point.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Avoid dashes as well unless it's a very good name.

I try to keep mine to one or two words max. On occasion I will go over, but only once or twice ever.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Never, Never, Never, NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER get dashes, they lower the value by 95% and think up good terms, for say if you wanted Hosting.com but it was taken, Try HostingHouse.com or HostingSolutions.com (BTW I Know these might be taken but im just giving you an idea) And build off the generic word that you want to make thats what I do anyway.

hamptech Mike

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok... Now how about some of the essential tools when checking through domains what kind of tools do they make to help you pick a good domain.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hamptech Mike said:
ok... Now how about some of the essential tools when checking through domains what kind of tools do they make to help you pick a good domain.

Tools....hmmm.... Try DeletedDomains.com and click "Power Search" and put in your term to see if a good name that YOU want was recently deleted, I always get good ideas from that :)

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good tools? Try startname.com :-D

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hamptech Mike said:
Can all you money making domain machines offer me some good advice for selecting domains? Ideas I think are good don't seem to be getting much for results. Maybe you can tell me what is wrong and how I should go about selecting domains in the future.

Example of domains I chose.

pcgear4u.com
ispessentials.com
ssshosting.com
usservicemembers.com

Thx in advance
IMHO, for the same money that you spent registering those 4 names , you could have bought one name from a DNF member
Several DNF members sell names here at wholesale prices giving you the opportunity to profit from reselling the name at retail price

hamptech Mike

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Out of the 4 I actually only purchased the ISPessentials with the intent on reselling. Usservicemembers was more of a dedication site to all our men and women in Iraq. Pcgear4u was the thought of opening up a pc store. And SSSHosting goes along with my slogan Simple... Smart... Secure... for hosting. So these domain names that are wholesale is that in the auction section?

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hamptech Mike said:
Out of the 4 I actually only purchased the ISPessentials with the intent on reselling. Usservicemembers was more of a dedication site to all our men and women in Iraq. Pcgear4u was the thought of opening up a pc store. And SSSHosting goes along with my slogan Simple... Smart... Secure... for hosting. So these domain names that are wholesale is that in the auction section?
Mike
My preference is the For Sale section or even the auto sigs.
Put my money where my mouth is too just now and bought a name for $10
Not suggesting you will like the name I chose, ( sellmobile.com ) because the word mobile has a different meaning in my markets to what it does in yours.
Best of luck
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom